Recent content by RookieDave

1. R

Jim Bourke echoing voice on training

Training videos I've listened to each one of the instructors and I don't get the echoing. In some of the powered model lessons the sound of the engine does intrude a bit. I have to adjust the volume higher than what is comfortable in order to get the instructor's voice clearly. Maybe you need...
  2. R

What am I doing wrong

Aha - that's it. Thank you very much. How stupid of me. Seems to be working fine now.
  3. R

What am I doing wrong

Recently had a hard disk fail and bought another. I've been through the process of re-installing pretty well all my programs but I'm having a problem with one part of G4 - apart from my own lack of control of the chopper/s. I go into Console and I give the command to loadAircraft. This works...
  4. R

Heli hover & flight training

I've been using the Heli Orientation Trainer quite a bit and it seems to me that it is not consistent in the way it tallies the points to advance you to the next level. I did manage to get to Level 6 on one occasion but since then I have trouble getting past level 4 or 5. I certainly don't need...
  5. R

Making a new default takeoff site

How do I position my chopper for take off somewhere different from the default sites at each airfield? For example, I want to have a non-float chopper take off from the hill above the little dock at the Alpine Lake. Also, is it possible to make the takeoff area at the other end of the lake? If...
  6. R

What's with the boat at Alpine Lake?

I don't usually fly at the lake but I went just to have a look. I deliberately taxied a Twin Otter on floats into the reeds and it was very impressive. Nothing flew into the air but it looked as if the aircraft was going through a mincer and the noises were frightening. It was still going after...
  7. R

tail rotor failure

Tail rotor failure Well Jim, I'm a bit of an old-timer and that is one of the main reasons I'm determined to master a r/c chopper both an actual model and in G4. I was a fixed wing pilot in PNG for 7 years and that was pretty demanding. Now that I can't do that any more because of health I'm...
  8. R

Best way to succeed in flying rotary

Succeed in flying Thanks for the advice. I'll have a look at the Bell 222 and try the Impala. I have flown the EZ one and it is easy to hover but in that it is quite realistic. I have an actual Twister Bell 47 with the contra-rotating rotors (co-axial) and they are easy to hover. That is why I...
  9. R

Best way to succeed in flying rotary

I've been flying the coax chopper in G4 and the Twister Bell 47 from swap pages. After reading various posts I thought I might look at some other types. I found that I was pretty hopeless at some of the CP machines so looked at a couple of fixed pitch but not coax. I tried the Finch and then I...
  10. R

The G4 Console

Got it now Thanks fellas. Retyped with no quotes or brackets and remarkable transformation. Only problem, the model I'm using at the moment is Twister Bell 47 which is quite small. Once in the hover training mode, I can't zoom in to get a closer look. Is there soomething in the scripting that...
  11. R

The G4 Console

Can't get G4 Console to load aircraft I have a Twister Bell 47 that I downloaded from here which is working fine. I followed instructions at start of this thread to change the heli hover aircraft to the Bell. It won't work even though I have followed instruction in posting and in help I'll...
  12. R

Blade 400 electric

Greetings all, Is there a model of the Blade 400 available for G4? I'm thinking of buying one and wanted to try it on the sim first to see if I had a chance of managing it. If none available, what would be nearest in flight characteristics? I greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks. Dave
  13. R

Remove Throttle clicks from InterLink?

Remove ratchet clicks I'm new too and I solved it with mine before I became a member of this forum. I simply loosened the screw holding the piece of metal by less than a quarter of a turn and it is so smooth now that I have no problems. Screw is still so tight that it won't budge without a firm...
  14. R

Help - I got lost

Thanks I found it Thanks guys - both for the link and for the advice on how to get it in to G4. Now I can't work out how to rate or vote for the model I downloaded. I got it in and so far it does seem to fly just like my Twister Medevac and I'd like to give credit where it is due.
  15. R

Help - I got lost

Don't laugh - I'm new to this forum and forums in general. I spent most of the day yesterday just going through posts on the forum. I found and downloaded a file for the Twister bell (Twister Bell 47_EA) - a G3x file. In my enthusiasm to download something that looked like my first rc chopper...
Back