Recent content by skubacb

1. S

Questions about RF-8

What reason do we have to move to RF 8? RF-X dumped all the planes we had paid for in various packs etc. That made it not that popular considering there was no big advantage in upgrading. So now we have v8. Did they learn a lesson and keep our old airplanes. Wordperfect learned a hard lesson...
  2. S

Realism In Flight Does Seem to Be Here!

I have been running through a bunch of aircraft in full realistic mode. My conclusion is that stall on every aircraft is unrealistic. Many aircraft I can hold full up elevator, zero throttle and they never drop a wingtip. Heck, they are coming down so softly that you could land them this way...
  3. S

RealFlight 6.5 public beta

Just got the latest 6.50.010. No engine sounds either in the simulation or when editing.
  4. S

Aerotow?

Knife Edge can you help with aero towing? A partial solution is no solution at all. Why reply unless you post a complete solution or need help. bneiderman: In trying to aero tow. I changed the aircraft launch type to aero tow. Then I added a tow hook. On my plane there was not an open...
  5. S

Aircraft-Airfield v4.5 versus v5

Opjose, Actually, there were changes to aircraft such as springy landing gear which you could not use in 4.5 with 3.5 aircraft. The addon aircraft would work with 3.5 but not with 4.5. That is why KE fixed them and allowed free access to them for 4.5 owners. Again, I really would like to...
  6. S

JeffPN - Could you please back off and let KE reply to my questions. Very unhelpful.
  7. S

JeffPN, Well that was not very helpful. You need to do a little digging around the site. KE has already stated that there can and well be problems. I would like to know what those problems are. Second, JeffPN, why make assumptions that are not in evidence like telling someone to buy G5 when...
  8. S

REAL Improvements vice Kiddy games

How does one launch a sailplane? I do not want to go to the slope flying sites. Realflight has always seemed to be lacking in this area vice FSOne. I would have preferred some work with different launch methods for sailplanes and increased numbers of airfields. Yes, I have installed a no...
  9. S

Questions for Knife Edge. From v3.5 to v4.5 there were a number of differences with aircraft and most had to be redesigned. What are the differences with v4.5 and v5 aircraft? Is there a FAQ around explaining this? If there are differences what problems might we see when importing v4.5...
  10. S

RealFlight G5 Migration Tool for G4.5 users

Great job of allowing older AC in 5! Come on folks. We already know there were very big changes from 3.5 to 4.5 so planes cannot be easily brought over. They did a great job of allowing us to have the Addon pack planes. So if you have all the addon planes and expansion pack planes in 4.5 you...
  11. S

Bungee Launch

The airfield editor allows us to edit the bungee launch. But how do we accomplish a bungee launch from the airfield. :confused: Very confused about sailplane launches. So much so that I have added limited run, zero weight turbines so I can simulate bungee launches.
  12. S

Multiplayer with G4 and G3.5

Anyone working on online compatibility? It does not seem reasonable to me that aircraft positioning should be lost between 3.4 and 4. Afterall, if we have the same 3.5 compatible photofield where is the big hangup? This is something that I really hope Knife Edge is working on. Besides, this...
  13. S

Add Ons 1-5 and RealFlight G4

They have stated they are working on the Add-Ons. Sit tight.
  14. S

G4 Bug reports

.dds and .tga everywhere .dds .tga They are all over the place. In the .bse the ColorSchemeDirectory after an install gets directed to an O: drive instead of to the aircraft directory in CustomModels\aircraft directory or the Colorscheme directory under vehicles. Is this the directory Knife...
  15. S

"Error creating effect Shadow Receive Directional Water" Me Too!

You need to do an evaluation of your entire machine. If you are running XP you should have 2GB of memory. Have you defragged you hard drive. Do you have leftovers from all of your updates and installs. Have you optimized the registry, etc. etc. etc. BTW take a look at System Mechanice 7 or...
Back