Recent content by TSnake

1. TSnake

Has a Slope soaring wing been made ?

I went to a Rodney Rude show once, he's hillarious, but a word of warning.....don't get up in the middle of his show to go to the toilet, as he'll make you a part of the show (and not in a good way). Sorry to hear about your truck problems, I hope you sort it out soon. I just got the internet...
  2. TSnake

It's been awhile since my last post. It looks like you may be as busy as me (I've just moved to the other side of the country and I'm trying to build something that might, one day, resemble a life), do you have any idea how long it might be before we get to play with the S15 ? I'm looking...
  3. TSnake

OMG !!! That looks incredible. :) Yeah, you wont regret buying one, the S15 will fly in the lightest of lift on very gentle slopes. But as a tribute to it's brilliant design, when the wind/lift gets stronger....it just flys better. I can't figure out how they do it, I just know that they do...
  4. TSnake

It's looking great, The servos on both models are embedded into the wing and covered over (hidden), so only the servo horns can be seen from the outside. Exactly like the picture you just posted. The Booby does have a slightly unusual setup, as it's got a separate servo for the elevator...
  5. TSnake

Yep, there's a lot of climbing involved, even if you don't crash, you still need to get to the site and back. I just got back from flying, and unfortunately I smashed up one of my favourite planes, a Wowings Booby (you may have seen one on Pete's site). The Booby is very very fast, and it hit a...
  6. TSnake

I've been in contact with Peter Loftus (the guy who owns Wowings and sells S15s) and he's very happy that you've taken the time to create this model. So thanks Terry, we both look forward to seeing and flying the final version. Did you get the e-mail I sent with the attached pictures ? Are they...
  7. TSnake

Are you asking that question, based on this comment I made previously ? In RL, It'll roll like it's on a drill, but it doesn't roll precisely around the tip of it's nose. It doesn't roll around its axis, it's got a bit of offset just like your model. In RL, at low speed it'll show some yaw...
  8. TSnake

Sorry it's taking so long, I've discovered something about the wing that I don't like and I don't know how to fix. At really high speeds in very high winds, for some reason the S15 looses "lateral stability" (it yaws from side to side). It's not a problem for me as I don't intend to fly in...
  9. TSnake

Thanks Terry, I'll do that as soon as I can. I'll take some photos of my current scheme on my S15, it looks pretty cool, but it's not the rainbow scheme I had previously (that was too high maintenance). I'd love to set up other gliders/slope soarers, in RL, I've got a few forward swept wing...
  10. TSnake

Hi Maj. Numbskully, The EA file for the prototype was posted in #20, but it is only the prototype (no skin). If you change it as per post #24, it flys like a bought one. I'd love to finish it off myself, but I don't know how.
  11. TSnake

It's been a while since the last post, am i holding things up ? Terry, are you waiting for me to do something with your Skua model ? I've tried different foils, and I can't find one that's any better than the one you used. And the settings that I posted in post # 24, are fantastic as far as...
  12. TSnake

Realflight 3.5 plug in's upgrade

Welcome k7pyd@aol.com, there are some really nice people on this forum who are helpful and respectful. Here's a slow stick, not really my cup o' tea, but it seems umm interesting. https://forums.realflight.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2474 If you get adventurous, try these out, they're soo...
  13. TSnake

Yes, just like me, Skuas really do have a completely flat bottom, from tip to tip. A flat bottomed version would be excellent, that would be the one I'd fly the most, just for the realistic look. I think I've reached the end of the line, as far as tweaking goes, the way it flys now is spookily...
  14. TSnake

It's harder to adjust this than I thought, mainly because I have to make it fly worse than the original model to make it realistic. I didn't change much as I was happy with it from the start. This is what I've come up with, I'll step back and fly it again after a break, to see if it's right...
  15. TSnake

Terry_skua2_32_RC

This is the first test flight of Junkboy999s Skua S15. Although this is only the prototype, it flys very much like the real thing. (I think he's done this before). Watch out for those Slope Cows.
Back