Recent content by vitek

1. vitek

Nav Guides Not Recorded - Tiny Bug

This is expected behavior. If I remember correctly, most of the NavGuide data is generated when the physics calculations are done. When playing back a recording, there are no physics, so the code that would update the NavGuides is not being executed.
  2. vitek

g3 problems

opjose, There are MX4000 cards out there. They are a variation on the GeForce 2/4MX cards, but they do exist. In addition, the compatibility chart provided by Knife Edge lists the GeForce 2, 4, 4MX and MX4000 as being a tested, and working, cards. Travis
  3. vitek

Green Exhaust

The setting from the settings dialog only takes effect when you are in full screen mode. If you are not in full screen mode, the display settings from the control panel will be in effect. Travis
  4. vitek

Green Exhaust

Check your display settings, or if you're in full screen mode check the settings dialog. It sounds like you're running with 16-bit color. If this is true, then that is the cause of the problem. You should be able to select 32-bit color and see that the problem goes away. Here are the details...
  5. vitek

need help!!! G3 wont load!

Actually the Radeon 7000 does work. I've tested it many times myself. If it doesn't work there is a pretty good chance that you need to update your drivers. Assuming your system is not a laptop/notebook computer, you can find drivers at http://www.ati.com. If it is a laptop/notebook, you may...
  6. vitek

3.5 Channel Mapping Bug?

It sounds like the settings file may be corrupt. Try deleting the RealFlight.ini file and mapping the channels again. Please let us know if this works or not. Travis
  7. vitek

wait a minute

It is quite possible that your graphics card does not support some features required for shadows to work. Some of the Intel integrated cards have this problem, as do some very old ATI and NVIDIA cards.
  8. vitek

Error message in G3.5

You could either post the version of RealFlight you are using and the last entry of the RealFlight.log file here or PM me your G3 serial number. I can use that information to find out what is causing the problem.
  9. vitek

Having some problem after updated to 3.5

The version information is displayed in the top right corner of the launcher window, or in the Help | About menu in RealFlight G3.
  10. vitek

Nvidia support

As mentioned above, unless they are _required_ for some CAD software you use I would avoid the Quadro cards entirely. They are usually quite expensive and perform relatively bad when compared to the GeForce series of cards.
  11. vitek

Update to 3.5 Question?

I'll have to check with one of the other guys to be absolutely sure, but I think the 3.50.033 installer expects that you have 3.00.480 installed. It might seem to work, but some of the art assets might come up missing or appear differently than they would if you installed without updating first.
  12. vitek

Can We Have Both G3 & G3.5 ?

I haven't tried, but I see no reason that this wouldn't be possible. You could install 3.00.480 or whatever as normal. Then copy the entire RealFlight G3 folder to a new directory, call it RealFlightG3_Previous. Create a shortcut to the RealFlightG3_Previous\RealFlight.exe on your desktop. Then...
  13. vitek

rotating streamers

Rick, I looked at it, and this doesn't work the same as it did previously. The streamers no longer move when their origin moves. This is something that worked before, and I may have broken when I added multiplayer support for streamers. The bug has been filed, and I'm sure I'll be working on...
  14. vitek

rotating streamers

Finally I understand what you're asking. I'll have to post an example tomorrow. Travis
  15. vitek

How do you add lights to planes?

You need to have access to the original mesh and 3D Studio Max. The issue is discussed a little here.
Back