Recent content by xljedi

1. xljedi

Honest opinions concerning fixing the KE forums.

On a whim I came back and noticed this post... not surprised in the least that it's a ghost town. Mainly, I think the board regulars killed it. Secondly, probably KE's constant reboxing of the same program with little to no added value.
  2. xljedi

Grapple

Cool! I was actually a little disappointed when I didn't see a lift-heli mentioned on the box or included among the KE helos. Glad to hear/see they put out an update and gave us the new toy! That feature alone is worth the upgrade for me... Thanks KE
  3. xljedi

Grapple

After a 2 min attempt at searching the forum, my impatience gets the better of me... I noticed there was some discussion related to new features that mention a grapple characteristic or tool for helos. (edit: I see now it might've been an upgrade after initial release) Are there helos in the...
  4. xljedi

Which Do you Prefer?

The poll does not seem to reflect a 100% RF6 preference and you are suggesting that people are responding with what they own vs. what they might prefer. I've only been around since version 5, so not enough history for me I s'pose. I've played other sims and owned the latest versions but still...
  5. xljedi

Which Do you Prefer?

Well, I'd prefer to drive a Ferrari. :rolleyes:
  6. xljedi

Which Do you Prefer?

In the context of RC simulation, I don't really consider the sim to be moddable unless it allows users: 1) Ability to create new 3D models 2) Ability to create scenery and world objects I don't think there are any competitors that are even remotely close to RF in this respect.
  7. xljedi

Which Do you Prefer?

Got the RF6 upgrade about a month or so ago, along with both of the mega-packs. Seemed like a fairly reasonable upgrade price. I like to support genres that I think are worthwhile. At the moment RF6 seems to fit into a unique category of software that I'd like to support (moddable RC...
  8. xljedi

Confused

Yeah, seems this has happened to me before... ...a swaps version engine overwriting my engine file. I was too noobish at the time :o to have any idea what that warning message box was all about when it popped up on the engine import. "Sure go ahead and overwrite that engine, what do I...
  9. xljedi

Confused

Unfortunately, I think this is the impression that too many new members leave here with and then just don't return. The active forum population here is unusually small (like 12 or so) for the number of folks I see that are downloading files (popular files can get 1000+ DL's in a month or two)...
  10. xljedi

All in one expansion

Your sarcastic comments at face value are no better.
  11. xljedi

cool stuff that you have done on g5

I like landing helos on various places on top of the crane (in this case chase view is required) in that construction yard AP. Oh and landing on the tops of the parked cars & trucks is kinda fun too. Also, landing on top of the racing pylons... sorry can't remember the name of that air racing...
  12. xljedi

All in one expansion

You don't have to say it, it's the attitude that comes across... Your avatar sort of sets the tone, particularly for people that don't know you from Adam. Anyway, I'll be looking for you in multi-player, looking forward to chatting.
  13. xljedi

All in one expansion

Oh BTW: Yel, welcome to the board. It's nice to have you here! Although, I doubt it would ever come to pass. I'd love to see a buffet-style downloadable content option for the add-on planes. On the one hand, it seems as though the addons are padded with a few throw-away planes, and you're...
  14. xljedi

All in one expansion

Jeff you pointed me to this thread? You PM me about this thread as some sort of validation for the last thread where you settled into me (again) with your, "If I only had a nickle for everytime some idiot told KE to do something, I'd have a whole buck-fifty by now..." mantra. Notice I...
  15. xljedi

All in one expansion

There's nothing wrong with OP suggestion/idea... Let it go man. :rolleyes: I don't know why you do this stuff.
Back