Haole

Elegance_EA

• Elegance-0.jpg
    Elegance-0.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 80
The CMD Elegance is a hybrid motor-glider\cargo carrier. This G4 3D model was created by Doug Kaye from my design of the UAV that will be built later this year. Physics were a joint effort between both Doug and myself while I based the color scheme off of my original design.

The Elegance takes on many of the nice qualities of gliders such as docile flight with forgiving stalls, a decent sink-rate, thermal & ridge-riding capabilities plus amazingly slow stall speeds. Take the onboard ballast cube and load this aircraft down with 15lbs of cargo in the editor, crank up the quad brushless drive system and you'll see its other qualities shine; it is a real power-lifter. Power off and take a fast glide to your destination as the props fold for reduced drag and you reflex the trailing edge of the main wing for penetration.

The model has a 14' span, is 8' long and weighs about 18lbs with no cargo. Controls include camber changing on the 3-pos switch (reflexed, neutral and positive camber) for different flight conditions as well as inner flaps on the rotary knob. Thrust>Elevator and Flap>Elevator mixing are implemented fulltime. Dual-rates are standard setup and all other channels are normal (mode 2--USA) configuration.

Carl Miller

Edit 5/22/08: Please download the new, high resolution color scheme called Elegance Carbon. The first two images show this new and improved look. Same fun flying, new schnazzy looks!

Update 7-23-08:

This variant, Elegance2, fixes some oversights of the original model including more realistic stall traits, level trim settings and 1:1 mass-scaling that makes the plane feel realistically more heavy in the air.

Carl Miller

Update 10/1/08: Elegance Heavy is a the latest Variant with more refined physics, more powerful motors and is pre-loaded with 8lbs of cargo in her belly.

Carl Miller

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back