ViennaLex76

FA-18 Hornet BlueAngels_EA

• FA-18 Hornet BlueAngels-0.jpg
    FA-18 Hornet BlueAngels-0.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 399
!UPGRADE!
Due to some problems with creating aircraft variants or colorschemes, I re-exported this plane with improved textures and hope you will have no error messages anymore when exporting variants.
Please download again and replace old version with this one.

Twoeleven, Mikeymike21 and myself are proud to introduce the last (but not least) variant of the F/A-18C Hornet:

* The Blue Angels *

I created this special EA with Mikeymike21's help for twoeleven who made the magnificient colorscheme dedicated to Lt Frank Weisser.

– Lt Frank Weisser's #6 Opposing Solo –

This CS captures Lt. Frank Weisser's #6 F/A-18 Hornet, in which he flew the Opposing Solo position for the Blue Angels during the 2009 performance season.

Lieutenant Commander (Current Rank) Frank Weisser is a native of Atlanta, Ga., and graduated from North Springs High School in 1996 where he lettered in football and track. He attended the United States Naval Academy where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics in 2000, and was commissioned as an Ensign in the U.S. Navy.

Frank joined the Blue Angels in September 2007. He served as the Narrator and VIP Pilot in 2008 and as the Opposing Solo pilot and NATOPS Officer in 2009. He has accumulated more than 3,200 flight hours and nearly 200 carrier arrested landings. He earned a Master's Degree in Systems Analysis from the Naval Postgraduate School in September 2009. His decorations include the Strike Flight Air Medal, three Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals and various personal and unit awards. Frank will fly the #7 Angel in the Lead Solo position for the 2010 season.

Lt Frank Weisser Bio sourced from the Blue Angels website.

Commands are as follows:
CH.7 --> gears retract
CH.5 --> smoke emitter (blue/yellow)
CH.6 --> flaps on knob
And YES, also if some dislike this, airbrake is still on Throttle-stick completely down. Throttle 0% is just 1 step up from down position with throttle stick ;-)

Original 3D Model by ViennaLex76
CS by twoeleven

Have fun with this Upgrade!

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back