M

Fokker G-1 RF7-5 V1_AV

• G1_fokker2-0.jpg
    G1_fokker2-0.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 56
Fokker G.I

The Fokker G.I was a Dutch heavy twin-engined fighter plane comparable in size and role to the German Messerschmitt Bf 110 and the British Mosquito. Although in production prior to World War II, its combat introduction came at a time when the Netherlands was overrun. The few G.1s that were mustered into service were able to score some victories, but ultimately the aircraft was withdrawn from operations, and the remainder of the production run was taken over by the Luftwaffe as trainers.

The G.I was designed as a private venture in 1936 by Fokker chief engineer Dr. Schatzki. Intended for the role of jachtkruiser, "heavy" fighter or air cruiser, able to gain air superiority over the battlefield as well as being a bomber destroyer, the G.1 would fulfil a role seen as important at the time.

The Fokker G.I utilized a twin-engined, twin-boom layout that featured a central nacelle housing two or three crew members (a pilot, radio operator/navigator/rear gunner or a bombardier) as well as a formidable armament of twin 23 mm Madsen cannon and a pair of 7.9 mm machine guns (later eight machine guns) in the nose and one in a rear turret.

There are no surviving G.Is today, although a replica can be found at the Dutch Air Force Museum in Soesterberg.

Note that this aircraft design was displayed at the 1936 Paris Airshow. It is widely thought that its design influenced Clarence "Kelly" Johnson whose P-38 Lightning came out in 1937.

Various refinements for RF 7.5 to get good model flight performance.

Standard flight controls plus landing flaps and retractable landing gear.

As usual fly with the channel 5 rate switch in the “High” position.

Landing flaps on the channel 6 Interlink rotary knob, and retracts on channel 7.

The original creator of this model set it up to use unusual engines, which were kept in this aircraft variant. O.S. .49-PI Type II 30 Wankel Rotaries were used. Power delivery is a bit different.

This is a nicely done model which flies quite well. Lands well with or without flaps. This model is a good addition for your WW II aircraft collection.

This variant requires:

G1_fokker2_EA
Back