dhk79

Star Trek Shuttle_EA

• Star Trek Shuttle-0.jpg
    Star Trek Shuttle-0.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 112
Stardate -356314.1552511415 (one day after my ninth birthday and my first bout of Pa'nar Syndrome) Desilu Productions launched a new series featuring the starship USS Enterprise (NCC-1701), to boldly go where no man has gone before. Sitting within the Enterprise’s hangar deck were four Type F Shuttlecraft, built under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. The most famous of which was the Galileo, registration number NCC-1701/7. The shuttlecraft carried a crew of seven and was primarily used to carry personnel, cargo and reconnaissance payloads. It was, however, driven by warp engines and capable of moderate interstellar travel. The original Galileo was lost investigating a quasar-like formation of four star systems identified as Murasaki 312, and was replaced by the Galileo II (as presented here). The Galileo II maintains the Aristotelian based laws of motion of its predecessor and is powered by a modified Dilithium Matrix.

Modeled for RealFlight by Doug Kaye (DHK79) in a “just for fun” category, the Galileo II is completely non-aerodynamic and flies “like it is hanging on a string” (to quote a friend of mine), equipped with a hypothetical coaxial warp drive the shuttle never the less provides an interesting atmospheric flight challenge. Read the aircraft’s description for full details on its flight controls.
Author
dhk79
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
RealFlight Version

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back