technoid

XF-92A_EA

• XF-92A-0.jpg
    XF-92A-0.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 114
Growing up I lived by Richards-Gebaur Air Force Base and watched the F-102A Delta Daggers take-off and land, it was a great looking plane and sounded awesome as they spun up before take-off. So when I finished my first Jet (Dream Chaser) I decided to play with a delta wing to see what I could come up with. So I grabbed the final version of Dream Chaser deleted the wings and started modifying it as a delta wing. When I finished the modifications it turned out to be very close to the Convair XF-92A so I decided to create a Stand-Off Scale version of it. I say stand-off scale because there are differences between the real plane and my version but they're very close so stand-off scale is the best way to describe it.

The plane I created started off as the XF-92 because it didn't have an afterburner, they changed the designation to XF-92A when they added the afterburner. But near the end I decided to add an afterburner so I told Doug and he whipped up a new physics file with an afterburner in it. So thanks Doug for all the physics work you do. I wanted my plane to look like the real plane so I created a color scheme to match the full scale version and Doug put together an awesome dashboard for it. So what you see is my color scheme and Doug's dashboard.

Don't forget to checkout Doug's color scheme for the XF-92A as a MiG-23 out of the movie Jet Pilot with John Wayne released in 1957.

If you wonder if my plane flies like the real plane just ask Maj. Charles E. "Chuck" Yeager, he was one of the test pilots. The final flight of the XF-92A was by Maj. Frank Everest on Dec. 28, 1949.

FEATURES

The plane has smoke, retracts, flaps, brakes, and afterburner.

CONTROLS

I'm a little bit different when it comes to what controls what so here's how I have the controls setup.

RETRACTS

Gear Down: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Towards You
Gear Up: Channel 8 3 Position Switch In The Middle

SMOKE

Smoke On: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Away From You

FLAPS

Flaps Up: Channel 6 Flaps Knob fully CCW.
Flaps Dn: Adjust position using Channel 6 Flaps Knob.

BRAKES

Brakes are applied with DOWN ELEVATOR, try a quick taxi and use DOWN ELEVATOR to stop the plane. The brakes work great to slow the plane after landing but too much speed can cause the tail to lift, so test it out a bit and you'll find the right speed to land. The speed isn't that much of an issue the brakes work great.

AFTERBURNER

Afterburner Enabled: Channel 7 Switch Away From You
Afterburner Disabled: Channel 7 Switch Towards You

When the afterburner is enabled it will kick in when the throttle is moved above the 92% mark, and will drop out as the throttle is moved lower than the 92% mark. This allows you to fly the plane and use the afterburner anytime you want. You can easily tell when the afterburner is active by the exhaust, the sound is a little stronger and the color is darker.

NOTE: You can also leave the throttle at 100% and kick the afterburner in and out with the Channel 7 switch.

Plane Design: technoid
Physics Design: doug schluter and technoid
Color Scheme: technoid
Dashboard Gauges: doug schluter
Fun Factor: It's a big Jet

I also want to thank the guys on the Developer's Forum they're always there when I need help and I really appreciate it.

abaser
Fly_electric
doug schluter
Boof69
csgill75
uncle twist
silverwing49
Carkshark
Maj. Numbskully
Ghost129er
12oclockhigh

When you're flying a 3D Field you can use the F4, F5, and F6 keys for the Cockpit, Left, and Right views of the plane. I like flying the plane in Cockpit view, great fun.
Reactions: DDTree and opjose

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back