A-10 Thunderbolt II (Warthog) Build Thread

Boof69, your abilities are profound and that goes without question.

The one Aircraft that is my favorite and you picked it to grab my attention.

Be still my heart and let's fly. Love it, Sir and will be at the door when it is posted.

Just takes my breath away. Many, many KUDOs.

Could not have said it better myself!

That's a very glowing compliment Deewing. I can only hope the final posting lives up to such a high expectation. Thank you sir.

Thanks ARC. I'm plugging away on it second day in a row.;)

I'm hoping this week. That's if all goes to plan. No promises though. Aside from CS work there are no hang ups for this project. I love the way it flies. Everything is represented in the physics. I just want to get the CS just right. So be patient.:)

Waiting

I'm hoping this week. That's if all goes to plan. No promises though. Aside from CS work there are no hang ups for this project. I love the way it flies. Everything is represented in the physics. I just want to get the CS just right. So be patient.:)

With baited breath. Just a little proding. In jest of course.
This is going to be good. I can feel it. :D

Boof I rarely post in build threads - but this model is OUTSTANDING. Bravo, seriously, just amazing work. Thank you for all you do.

Here are some renders. I am pushing to get this all wrapped up tonight but tomorrow for sure.

Attachments

• BackLeft.jpg
    BackLeft.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 60
  • BottomBack.jpg
    BottomBack.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 62
  • BottomRight.jpg
    BottomRight.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 69
  • FrontLow.jpg
    FrontLow.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 70
  • TopLeft.jpg
    TopLeft.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 61
Oddly enough, I keep looking at all these renders and I am wondering.....

What is the purpose of that dark teardrop on the bottom of the nose??:confused:

EDIT: Here is a prime example of the usefulness of the "SEARCH FUNCTION" less than a minute got me an answer:

"Many A-10s also featured a false canopy painted in dark gray on the underside of the aircraft, just behind the gun. This form of automimicry is an attempt to confuse the enemy as to aircraft attitude and maneuver direction." -Wikipedia entry.

But seriously, it can't be said enough, beautiful work Boof!

Last edited:
Hey thanks everyone.
I didn't know why the black mark was on the bottom until now. Good to know.

That's one good thing about what we do...........take a day, week, or year. You're the boss.:p:D

Back