Add Ons 1-5 and RealFlight G4

Come on... the add ons are ten years old! Why should KE even bother with 10 year old software? AND why whine about it?

jeffpn said:
They were designed for G2, and the later ones with G3 in mind. They were never designed for G4. That's why I consider them to be a bonus.

josh0987 said:
Come on... the add ons are ten years old! Why should KE even bother with 10 year old software? AND why whine about it?.

What does that have to do with the fact that KnifeEdge said that they were going to make the Add-Ons available to G4 users when they announced the release of G4?

Did you not believe what KE was saying? ... Now I see, you thought KnifeEdge was just lying to you again and they'd never make the Add-ons available, so that makes them a bonus in your minds. You really need to stop thinking of KE that way. They're usually pretty good about following through when they say they're going to do something. :rolleyes: :D

Law said:
What does that have to do with the fact that KnifeEdge said that they were going to make the Add-Ons available to G4 users when they announced the release of G4?

Did you not believe what KE was saying? ... Now I see, you thought KnifeEdge was just lying to you again and they'd never make the Add-ons available, so that makes them a bonus in your minds. You really need to stop thinking of KE that way. They're usually pretty good about following through when they say they're going to do something. :rolleyes: :D
Next time, speak for yourself.

Law said:

Why do I have to say things a million different ways to you? Since they were never designed for G4, KE was not obligated to redo them for G4. Now of course, once they announced that they will make them work for G4, then they're obligated to make them work. That's just good business sense. I agree with you there. And of course I believed KE when they said they'd make them work. You may have missed that very statement in other posts of mine. So, don't put words in my mouth. I have never known KE to lie, and there is no reason to doubt them on this or any other issue. How exactly do you know in what way I think of KE? You really do tend to twist other users statements alot, and assume things that are not true. And you did it again.

Be discreet ...

Blade Scraper said:
Use the report post button also.
For the report post to be effective, stay within the KE groundrules for that tactic:
"Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.
I don't agree that Law's dissension in his expressed opinions necessarily fall into those groundrules ... at least not for me. I don't have to agree with him, but he DOES have the right to epress his opinion ... and if I disagree with him enough, I can use the other recommended tactic, and simply put him and his message traffic under my blacklist. Me? I sorta like to hear what he has to say, whether or not I agree with him. Just my $0.02. :(

jeffpn said:
Why do I have to say things a million different ways to you? Since they were never designed for G4, KE was not obligated to redo them for G4. Now of course, once they announced that they will make them work for G4, then they're obligated to make them work. That's just good business sense. I agree with you there. And of course I believed KE when they said they'd make them work. You may have missed that very statement in other posts of mine. So, don't put words in my mouth. I have never known KE to lie, and there is no reason to doubt them on this or any other issue. How exactly do you know in what way I think of KE? You really do tend to twist other users statements alot, and assume things that are not true. And you did it again.

I agree that the Add-Ons were created for G2 and G3 and that they're old technology. But, KE "obligated" themselves to make them available to G4 user when they released G4 and said; "... We are still looking into some way of making these packs available to RealFlight G4 customers."

If during these past several months they'd indicated any intentions or findings to the contrary then I could agree that they "might" not be forthcoming. But, every indication was that they were "working" on making them available.

So, my point is - How could anyone consider the making of them available as a bonus? It's something that KE has obligated themselves to do for months!

Of course, for those of you who still consider then a "bonus" ... congratulations, your low expectations have been fulfilled.

Blade Scraper said:
Use the report post button also.

I'm sensing a little antagonism on your part Blade Scrapper. I can't help but wonder where it's coming from. Have I said something?

Added value, bonus, freebie, courtesy, extra, gift horse, call it these and more.

The bottom line is KE/GP have given more to keep customers happy (even the unhappy ones) than any other companies I may recently remember.

It just seems ludicrous, that everytime KE/GP releases anything free for its users, the scoffing, whining, and foot stomping goes out of control.

Methinks some infants didn't get their little bottoms powdered enough, long ago...

I remember KE saying numerous times that their operations/development is done per prioritization. Obviously cash flow (as in any business) is at the top of the heap.

The free releases make good customer service sense. They have kept me coming back since the release of G3.

I don't know what else to say? Some would gripe about free stuff if they were hung with a new rope?

Charles

Last edited:
Law said:
I agree that the Add-Ons were created for G2 and G3 and that they're old technology. But, KE "obligated" themselves to make them available to G4 user when they released G4 and said; "... We are still looking into some way of making these packs available to RealFlight G4 customers."

If during these past several months they'd indicated any intentions or findings to the contrary then I could agree that they "might" not be forthcoming. But, every indication was that they were "working" on making them available.

So, my point is - How could anyone consider the making of them available as a bonus? It's something that KE has obligated themselves to do for months!

Of course, for those of you who still consider then a "bonus" ... congratulations, your low expectations have been fulfilled.
KE was NEVER obligated to making add ons compatible.

josh0987 said:
KE was NEVER obligated to making add ons compatible.
What my buddy Law was saying is that once KE obligated themselves to make the addons compatible by saying that they would, they were obligated. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Can you tell the difference between the following quotes?
Jeffpn said:
Since they were never designed for G4, KE was not obligated to redo them for G4. Now of course, once they announced that they will make them work for G4, then they're obligated to make them work.
Law said:
Actually, announcing an intention to try to do something does not obligate one to get it done.

Law, do you get it yet that we were both saying pretty much the same thing?

Jeff, the only point of contention that I see between what you're saying and what I'm saying is that even though KE obligated themselves (if that's your position) to make the Add-Ons available to G4 Users, you consider them a "bonus".

Your position from the beginning was that you considered the making of the Add-Ons to work with G4 as a bonus. Yet, now you seem to be contradicting yourself. Even in your last post you contradict yourself.

In one statement you say: "...once they announced that they will make them work for G4, then they're obligated to make them work.

And, then in your next statement you say: "... announcing an intention to try to do something does not obligate one to get it done."

Which do you proport to be your position, that they announced that they would "try"? Or, that they obligated themselves? :confused:

And then of course the other point of contention is how can the Add-Ons for G4 be considered a "Bonus" if KE obligated themselves to make them available when they released G4? Unless you consider the fact that they've made them a "free" download as a bonus - in which case we agree.

But, you've never said that. :confused:

law, if i were you i would just give up. you dug yourself into such a deep hole that you will never be able to get out. And i would also stop putting words into other pepole's mouth and telling them what they were thinking.

Just my opinion

Look Law, I'm going to explain this one more time. And I'm going to type real slow so you can understand. When KE developed the addons, they were not obligated to make them compatible for G4. It didn't even exist yet. When KE developed G4, they were not obligated to make the addons compatible. Early on, KE announced that there were issues that would prevent the addons from working with G4 See this link. Jim did say that they were looking for a way to make the packs available to their G4 customers. Obligated to succeed? No, but obligated to try. So the expectation, based on his statement that the addons won't work with G4, is that the addons won't work with G4. Anything more would be a bonus. You see, if KE states that the addons won't work, and then they do, that's a bonus. If you have trouble with the defintion of bonus, look it up in your dictionary, but generally speaking, a bonus is something that you receive that was neither expected or owed. But, in Ryan's 'RealFlight Add-Ons Volumes 1 & 2 free for G4 users' thread he says that 'Add-Ons 3, 4, and 5 will also be re-packaged for G4 and released for free when they are ready.' That's, ethically speaking, an obligation to succeed. Are you still following me, or am I typing too fast? You see, when Jim said that they were looking for a way to make the addons available..., that is not an obligation to provide the addons. That is an obligation to attempt to make them work. At that point, they could have failed, and never broken a promise to us. But when Ryan said that addons 3, 4, & 5 WILL be available, that is an obligation to succeed. Is all this any clearer to you now?

well then maybe they'll be concidered a bonus for me. I had only purchased addon 2 so that would mean that 1,3,4 and 5 are in fact a bonus ,at least in my case.

dhk79 said:
Jeff,
I just don't get it...
Your clear, concise summation is just too unambiguous and straightforward. Maybe a few out of context half-quotes and some deep analysis of what you were really thinking of when you wrote it will help.

What do you say?
Doug
Well, it's a good thing I have Law around to provide that analysis for me. I don't know what I was thinking! Hey, I'll go ask Law, he'll know!!!

Back