Add Ons 1-5 and RealFlight G4

jbourke

Knife Edge Software Owner
FYI, we are still working through some issues regarding Add Ons 1-5 and RealFlight G4. Please be patient. We'll make an announcement when we are ready.

Jim

Thanks Jim, this might stop all the worries and complaints of alot of people. It's good to know it is in the works. (But I already knew that)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Appreciate the sticky

I don’t know if you can comment on this regarding previous add ons but it would help.

This close to Christmas many people who have the add ons from previous versions are probably just wondering if there is even a chance the old add-ons will work.

Since many people own all five ( like me) and since there is currently the choice of Version 4 or 3.5 it may help smooth out some holiday shopping decisions if they at least knew the odds of the old expansion packs working.

Again, I realize you may not want to comment but knowing your plans or at least the odds would be helpful in making Christmas gift decisions.

From experience, you can safely read between the lines.

e.g. "an announcement"...

Now if I speculate on the above, it means that they already have something that works, or at least a possible solution, but it's not quite ready for distribution yet.

I really miss the V-22 Osprey from G-2. It was ruined in G3 and 3.5. It'd be nice to get that one back and in G4 but like it was in G2. Also, the Wolf Spyder has the same kind of issues on G4, Yaw isn't stable anymore....Please fix them. :(

Played with the Wolf Spyder last night at the LHS while i'm waiting for my G4 to come in. that thing is pretty squirrely!!! lot of fun, but pitch those blades a hair off in hover and it gets out of hand quick! lots of fun, but i need my Osprey!!! :)

I am a bit upset to say the least. just got G4 with expansion pack 4 and the old discs Add-ons two and three will not load onto G4. I really want my chipmunk and A10 back. Any news out there????
Bill

gyronuts said:
I am a bit upset to say the least. just got G4 with expansion pack 4 and the old discs Add-ons two and three will not load onto G4. I really want my chipmunk and A10 back. Any news out there????
Bill
Blah stop complaining and just be glad you even have water on Realflight! better yet get a trial of 3DS max 9 and model your favourites :rolleyes:

gyronuts said:
Bill

Is there a reason you can't keep flying the Chipmunk and A10 with G3.5?

jbourke said:
FYI, we are still working through some issues regarding Add Ons 1-5 and RealFlight G4. Please be patient. We'll make an announcement when we are ready.

Jim
Are the aircraft 3D models going to be new or are they going to be the same?
Are there any plans for turning this into a new XP Pack as many of us sold our add ons,and some stores near us no longer carry add on packs.

Blade Scraper said:
many of us sold our add ons
orig.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist!
orig.gif

don't have 3.5 anymore just G4. In the UK where G4 is not in the shops ..just 3.5 they are still selling all the original add-ons.
I have 2 model chipmunks 1/4 and 1/5 scale and want to practise manoeuvres with the G4.
how can i get a chipmunk on the G4.
Bill

Blade Scraper said:
Are the aircraft 3D models going to be new or are they going to be the same?
Are there any plans for turning this into a new XP Pack as many of us sold our add ons,and some stores near us no longer carry add on packs.

Hey Blade scaper you can make any air plane I can't. So getting rid of the exp
packs is not an option. I knew G4 had its issue's long before it hit the market.
When every thing I all ready have works with G4. Then I'll buy it.

Hey Blade scaper you can make any air plane I can't.

In Blade's defense: Actually he personally can't create any airplane he wants. He stated we was taking modeling classes at school.....but that's a totally different deal then getting a working model created and set up for G4

So getting rid of the exp packs is not an option.

I wouldn't recommend getting rid of the exp packs either....as they work for G4 (the add ons are the ones that currently don't work)

When every thing I all ready have works with G4. Then I'll buy it.

If that's your decision and your fine with it that's all that matters.

Add-Ons & G4

I'm really pleased to know that work is being done to develope compatibility between G4 and the Add-Ons discs. I have nejoyed several versions of Real Flight, thinking it was the "best on the street"..... being able to use the Add-Ons discs would be great !

Back