Aircraft Models to Offer

Hello Again

I managed to have some luck with me today. And some good advice from you all. The low poly Hawk is in and looks "ok". 7ft wingspan. I really like the way exporting works for RealFlight, it all worked nice and smooth, no hicups. Congrats to the developers.

There is still much I have to do to make this a complete project, some of which I am totally clueless about at this stage, (I slaved it to the L-39 setup on import) but I'm pretty happy with todays results.

Now I know what is involved I will start getting the data together for the hipoly conversions. It won't happen overnight but hopefully in a week or two we'll have some new toys to play with.

I'll be back. Cheers. :cool:

Thanks again for your help. :)

Attachments

• RealFlight 2013-09-15 05-06-13-52.jpg
    RealFlight 2013-09-15 05-06-13-52.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 19
  • RealFlight 2013-09-15 05-06-37-38.jpg
    RealFlight 2013-09-15 05-06-37-38.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 28
  • RealFlight 2013-09-15 05-06-57-34.jpg
    RealFlight 2013-09-15 05-06-57-34.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 16
  • RealFlight 2013-09-15 05-07-08-19.jpg
    RealFlight 2013-09-15 05-07-08-19.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 14
  • RealFlight 2013-09-15 05-10-17-87.jpg
    RealFlight 2013-09-15 05-10-17-87.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 20
Hi Phrank. Yeah it was a lot of fun today. I'm looking forward to finding the time to do some more work with RealFlight.

Here is a short flight vid of the Hawk. (Flaps (and other control surfaces) do work, so apologies for the hot landinng.) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Bi_UiwKOI&feature=youtu.be

I did not make progress on getting the smoke to work with a on/off switch. I read the various postings on setting up servos and playing with the radio/electics, but I think my brain gave up at that point. Also got stuck on doing another paint scheme for the Hawk. I did a basic camo version as a tga but could not find data on getting a second colour scheme to show in the menu.

But I still had a blast and I'm looking forward to learning more. :)

SimCgi: Do you happen to work for the Turn10 franchise?

It will be good to have another model creator here in the forums. :)

Thanks Boof69. I susspected it might be invovled.

My plan at the moment is to have some fun with this in the evenings as a wind down, so I dont want to melt my brian too much.

If it is a Max thing (links, hierarchy, inheritance, bones, nulls, dummys, animations, deformations etc etc), gimmie your best shot.....but if it is something I would have to do inside RealFlight or the Aircraft Editor, best leave it for now.

I will complete the model as best I can (with one rear wheel per side for now) then when models and textures are pretty much finalised, I'll come back and beg for help getting the last few bugs ironed out, if thats ok.

And thanks Hassie :) Very kind of you. I geuss the C-5 is on hold because of the wheels issue. I can get away with putting one on the Viggen per side....but that would look pretty goofy on the C-5 (Could I do "invisible" landing gear of the normal tri variety, maybe reaching to the ground an inch or two past the visual mesh model?? You would harldy see the wheels of the C-5 turning anyway as they will be so small).......but the rest? I'll get them converted over the coming weeks/month or two, so you can go for a fly or edit/paint them yourself.

It is a mixture of both max and RF. Doing multiple axis rotations in RF just doesnt give enough control so the use of a dummy object in max to be a parent of the gear and handle one axis of rotation is key. That said there is still setup to be done in max to pull it off. The gear on mt Corsair is a fair example of this.

Wow four posts on four different threads asking for exactly the same thing.

An aircraft that already exists in Realflight! :confused::eek:

Back