Anyone here using a Spektrum iX12 with RF7?

I'm not sure if RF7 talks about CRFS or not.
When I ordered RF7, I ordered it with the RF adaptor box and not an interlink so I could use it with
the Taranis, and it works fine.
I do however have an interlink that was supplied with RF8 for my laptop which I take with me on
deployments.
I'm not sure what you mean by the adaptor box, but if you have RF8 then you can get the WS2000 dongle that should work with it. I am not sure if this is quite what you wanted but just a thought. :)

Thanks for the reply.
I use RF8 with the wireless dongle on my laptop and take it with me when I travel.
RF7.5 is in the shop and I was hoping to use the iX12 in the shop.

The adaptor box I currently use with RF 7.5 and the Taranis is/was from Reaflight when I bought RF 7 back in the day. I'm not at home right now so I can't give you a better description of it. It has a reset button on it and plugs in to the Taranis with a 1/8 phone jack.

Take care
Bob

I'm not sure if you can with RF8 but maybe you could download it onto you shop computer? That way you can use the dongle in you shop.

The cable I have is a USB cable and doesn't have a 1/8 phone jack as you describe so I'm not sure how I would
plug it in to the interlink.
Right. That cable will work with Rf9.5.031, similar to the NX series, where the transmitter can be the usb interlink with the RF suspended. Now, I'm wondering if there might be another cable, like the wired trainer cable; maybe even the same one. I'll try to find the part no. When you get back, check in with HH and get their input on using the iX12 as controller for Rf7. My guess is that they will attempt to convince you to upgrade to Rf9.5-- a really good idea anyways.

marcus

Well it's not really an upgrade is it?
Don't they make you buy new at full cost?
Yes, and no. Since you're going to be using the dongle, you don't need the InterlinkDX... and since you can get it from STEAM | Valve, you can get it much less expensive than ordering the box set from HH. Even if you buy the Disk from HH, you'll get it much cheaper than the full boxed set; I mean, its less than a C note. I spend more than that every month on coffee and beer. :cool: (y)

marcus

If you can download RF 8 on your shop computer, then I think that the interlink dx will work with it, you will have the same number of open channels, as with the other interlink, but it will still feel like a spectrum, and you won't need the dongle and a bunch of batteries, so in the long run using an interlink saves you money, but you will have to log tons of hours for it to be an advantage over the alternative.

I had 7.5 on a computer, it crashed, and now I have it on this one, however, it might be a one download deal with 8, but you could give it a shot.

Can I install RealFlight on more than one computer?
Under the terms of the Limited Use Software License Agreement, one copy of RealFlight is licensed for one user. While RealFlight is licensed for one user, that user can definitely have it installed on more than one machine at a time. There is no need to deregister a computer.

In the event the user is not able to activate or register on a second machine, they can contact Software Support to request a registration reset for their number. This will allow them to re-register from the new computer.

https://www.realflight.com/support/kb/article.php?p=RF8&q=16-1065

Did you ever get it working? Its pretty simple if you have the correct cable you just have to go into the menu on the model and make sure you have student trainer mode on.

Back