Art-tech Diamond 2500 PRO

distance and angle really only work well in hockey or soccer !
unlike those sports
angle is not changed by distance when it comes to optics
trust me I do know more than little about photography
anyone who knows me well ..........can tell you why
optical or digital zoom has little to do with it(although using digital zoom can degrade the image)
stepping back and zooming in creates a whole new set of things that come into play when doing so ( as mentioned above ) regardless of the type of Zoom used
use of a tripod is ALWAYS best

Last edited:
That is why I said to use optical zoom. Digital zoom is &%$*.....Never touch the stuff! BAD! BAD!

Maj. Numbskully said:
distance and angle really only work well in hockey or soccer !
unlike those sports
angle is not changed by distance when it comes to optics
trust me I do know more than little about photography
anyone who knows me well ..........can tell you why
optical or digital zoom has little to do with it(although using digital zoom can degrade the image)
stepping back and zooming in creates a whole new set of things that come into play when doing so ( as mentioned above ) regardless of the type of Zoom used
use of a tripod is ALWAYS best

I know thats why you said it I just wanted to say that because others are reading this that may not know that
I never use Digital zoom . my cameras zoom just fine without it
just pointing out the regardless of zoom type used stepping back and zooming in is not the best way to achieve a good sharp image vs. using a standard lens and getting close for the reasons I stated ...stepping back and zooming in can cause image degradation even, if you're using optical zoom using digital makes it even worse.............theres no getting around that
what I said is true even for film cameras
Do you know what depth of field is ?.............and what increasing a lenses focal length does to it?
do you know the relation between shutter speed and F-stop?
do you know how different f-stops effect image sharpness and depth of field?
some how by your statements it does not seem so ?
and all of that comes into play when you step back and zoom in

Last edited:
Ahem! Can we have this in-depth discussion at a more appropriate website, and focus this thread on getting the graphics for this plane, please? The first couple posts on proper methods are more than enough to get some good pics.

As I'm the one whose most likely going to be using the photos we are requesting to do the CS I hope nov3 takes my advice

And I think this is a fitting topic for this forum
As people are always posting pics to use as 3-views or to pick graphics from.....may as well inform users how to take them to archive better results so modelers and folks who make CSs can do the best job possible........... .don't ya think?
personally I'd hate to see everyone step back and zoom in
especially folks who don't know that much about optics and photography
and explaining why not to serves a useful purpose as why not to do so

Last edited:
I still don't see a need to have a dozen (count them) posts in a row about photographic techniques in a KE forum. Eventually, the request for pics of the graphics will get lost in the shuffle.

Progress.

Remember, I'm still looking for good graphics shots. Also, I'd like to know, if anyone knows, if there's an angle of incidence for the wings on this bird. Otherwise, I'll guess from existing pics.

Edit: The wings are not yet attached to the fuselage. They may be wrong height-wise.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
From a physics stand point I would expect no incidence on the wings of a glider. You can always wait until you flight test and then make any 3D adjustment if needed.

It is raining here

It is raining here. It is difficult for me to make outside pictures now. But I will try ASAP...

diamond 2500 pictures

Here it is, it is about 130MB RARed file. Unrar and there are multiple outside photos. Hope it will help. Let me know if you need to take some specific photo again. Looking forward for diamond 2500 realflight simulator model. Thanks.

Link: diamond 2500 pictures

Those will do quite nicely, nov3, thank you. Maj., if you can't open a .rar file, I'll email them to you zipped. Let me know.

I was looking at those shots nov3. I was wondering if you wanted me to model this with a tail that's been broken off and glued back on! :p

jeffpn said:
I was looking at those shots nov3. I was wondering if you wanted me to model this with a tail that's been broken off and glued back on! :p

LOL .... Whats next wrinkles in the covering....does Wings3D have a hot airgun? :rolleyes:

Yup way ahead of you on that one ...wish I could say I was the first , but I'm not so I wont
I could be wrong but I believe I was the first one to add grass stains....on the same cap

This is not fun, working without 3-views. Here's what I have now. Do any of you with this plane (or any others in the know) care to comment on my accuracy?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 9
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 7
I'm think'in its looking pretty sweet for not using 3-views there Michelangelo
hehe..............musta rained today eh?

Last edited:
Back