B-52? Stratofortress Build

The main gear and doors look great, I like the way the main gear rotates and each leg folds either forward or backwards, excellent work Legoman.
Now the addition of wing crabing landing gear and tanks, this model just keeps getting better.

Last edited:
I just made the lading gear and I forgot to select some stuff on the last triangle count

triangles 77964

attachment.php

Attachments

• B-52 Build Pic 15.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 15.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 72
Pity Knife Edge does not do air brake chutes, or are they possible now, (I never know what boundaries Legoman can push)

Attachments

• b-52 air brake chute.png.jpg
    b-52 air brake chute.png.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 7
  • b52_040222-f-5040d-195.jpg
    b52_040222-f-5040d-195.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 7
Pity Knife Edge does not do air brake chutes, or are they possible now, (I never know what boundaries Legoman can push)

I have though about it, figured out a theoretical method, it is getting them to unfold and collapse with low airspeed realistically that is the hard part. I though about putting one on the F-105 since the engine would keep it semi inflated. But I deemed it not worth because I wanted the subtle movements to be there and some things like the unfold and inflate and detach/deflate were just not realistically possible.

I would also like the crabbing to work for crosswind landings. but the part I think I need to use the "AFS yaw gyro" reads roll angle instead of yaw angle

I think I am going to bake color on the bombs just so I don't have to remap it and mess around with the UV map later

Attachments

• B-52 Build Pic 16.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 16.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 8
I went to the OEM website for the engines (wren 44) I was going to use and they are apparently liquidating. So I guess I am either going to need to find a different 40-45 class turbine like the kingtech K-45G2 which I don't have made or use mix matched engines like the Jetcat P20-SX and the Jetcat P60-SE which I do have made

I have gotten cross wind landing down pretty good with the crabbing on channel 10 on the interlink x (slider on the back) but since the install base of the interlink X is so small I won't release the default EA with it active

I have gotten cross wind landing down pretty good with the crabbing on channel 10 on the interlink x (slider on the back) but since the install base of the interlink X is so small I won't release the default EA with it active
Got some questions here Legoman (just curios) #1- I understand the X controller has the 10 channels, and I assume it can be used in RF8 and earlier versions, BUT what do you mean when you say the "the install base is so/too small" ??? Thus making you make the decision not to use the crabbing in the release of the plane with it active #2- At what point do you turn off crabbing during landing (obviously after touchdown), but right after touchdown,...during the roll-out OR, after the plane has come to a stop ??? I`m guessing during roll-out, using the slider makes complete sense to me.. for that purpose ;).I`m guessing the same would apply to the real plane as well. Your doing a great job BTW (as always););)

Got some questions here Legoman (just curios) #1- I understand the X controller has the 10 channels, and I assume it can be used in RF8 and earlier versions, BUT what do you mean when you say the "the install base is so/too small" ??? Thus making you make the decision not to use the crabbing in the release of the plane with it active #2- At what point do you turn off crabbing during landing (obviously after touchdown), but right after touchdown,...during the roll-out OR, after the plane has come to a stop ??? I`m guessing during roll-out, using the slider makes complete sense to me.. for that purpose ;).I`m guessing the same would apply to the real plane as well. Your doing a great job BTW (as always););)

The interlink X can be used with RF-X and RF-8. People who bought software only version of either of those would not have the interlink X. and people who did buy realflight with the remote usually (seems to me) don't use the new remote because it feels cheaper. or at least that's what I have read. And judging by the responses to the A-1H's moveable pilot head on its build thread it sure seems like very few people either have it or use it as a daily driver for RF.

As far as when do I turn off the crabbing it is usually well after touch down but before coming to a stop. I have installed it on the An-225 and the B-52.

As far as when do I turn off the crabbing it is usually well after touch down but before coming to a stop. I have installed it on the An-225 and the B-52.

Sounds like a great feature, especially for cross wind landings, I am really looking forward to the B-52 release model, excellent work, Legoman.
And bonus, fitted to the An-225 as well.
I can see the back slider on the Interlink-X will get a real workout.

More stuff

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• B-52 Build Pic 17.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 17.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 54
  • B-52 Build Pic 18.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 18.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 52
  • B-52 Build Pic 19.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 19.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 53
  • B-52 Build Pic 20.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 20.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 53

Cross wind landings are a challenge to say the least. I find myself often times looking like a drunken sailor after touchdown.

Great model. Clearly more refined than Cowboys original.

A couple of things I would like to point out is the incidence of the Main Wing. Seems excessive compared to a real 52. The other is in the Aircraft Editor I get stop motion graphic performance. I assume it's because of my aged computer and the size of the file?

All things considered I love the model. Thanks. flip

Cross wind landings are a challenge to say the least. I find myself often times looking like a drunken sailor after touchdown.

Great model. Clearly more refined than Cowboys original.

A couple of things I would like to point out is the incidence of the Main Wing. Seems excessive compared to a real 52. The other is in the Aircraft Editor I get stop motion graphic performance. I assume it's because of my aged computer and the size of the file?

All things considered I love the model. Thanks. flip

yes I can see what you are referring to I have remade the wing a couple times now (adjusting the cord) and left the incidence unchanged for the first one so I will go in and check the wing area and change some thing to fix it.

I know why in lags in the editor its because of the number of bombs and I can only assume it will get worse with more polygons and components to animate the polygons.

I am glad people are enjoying the model

Back