B-52? Stratofortress Build

……
A couple of things I would like to point out is the incidence of the Main Wing. Seems excessive compared to a real 52. ……

look better?

Attachments

• B-52 Build Pic 21.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 21.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 6
  • B-52 Build Pic 22.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 22.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 9
Looks good, did you change the horizontal stab as well ?
I am having too much fun with this model, bomb drops, cross wind landings and crabbing, (very addictive) this will be a "must have model" from the swap pages.
I have just over 44 hours flight time already, with the B-52.

Attachments

• B-52 flight time.JPG
    B-52 flight time.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
more landing gear parts

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• B-52 Build Pic 23.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 23.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 45
  • B-52 Build Pic 24.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 24.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 46
  • B-52 Build Pic 25.jpg
    B-52 Build Pic 25.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 45
Made a new pass in realflight and it has the secret feature and it has me grinning from ear to ear. I will give you guys a hint: eight letters, two words, first letter is 'w', last letter is 'x' and it is something the b-52 is known for ;)

Made a new pass in realflight and it has the secret feature and it has me grinning from ear to ear. I will give you guys a hint: eight letters, two words, first letter is 'w', last letter is 'x' and it is something the b-52 is known for ;)

Well, I can`t think of anything Legoman :p, BUT, if I stop thing too much, it "might" come to me, but I don`t think it will. I can`t wait too see what it is. Sounds very interesting though. ;);) We all just might need a little more in the hint dept.:D

I was thinking it had too do with X-15 as well, but couldn1`t come up with W-X connection, I think there was an X-15B in the works, but not sure if it ever came to fruition, then, I think an X-15 A-2 with the external tanks, Just can`t come up with anything "Ending" with an X ???:confused::confused::p......SO, I`ll just throw one out there Legoman, how about ..... "wing X-15X"......, Why The extra "X" you ask, perhaps you`re trying too launch an X-15 in RF from under the wing of the B-52 thus, making it an "experiment" in RF, no denying the fact that you`re trying too do "experimental".

Last edited:
Wing Flex

The secret feature is Wing Flex. I though it would be more obvious. hopefully the picture will be enough to show it the wheels on the wing tips will really sell it.

Fun fact the x-15 launching b-52 have notches in the inner flaps and the inner flaps are not used at least during takeoff.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot1555071448.jpg
    ScreenShot1555071448.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 42
  • ScreenShot1555071461.jpg
    ScreenShot1555071461.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 43
AHHHH, I think you mentioned trying to make the wings flex in an earlier post. I remember watching B-52`s taking off on youtube vids. and watching the wings lift/flex to a level position as air speed grew even before the wheels left the runway.The flexing is very obvious when the B-52 is at altitude and at cruising speed, as the wings are flexing so much, that the wings are arcing in an upward position especially out towards the wing tips, where its most obvious. I`ve always wondered how that is engineered into the wings, without them fatiguing so much that they brake off. I have ideas about it, but I never really researched it. Anyway, that`s a very cool feature Legoman, Did you achieve it with different airfoils ???, by that, I mean, sections of the wings having airfoils that lift more as the different sections work out towards the wing tips. OH, An X-15 would be a nice addition on an AV, even if it can`t launch...just a thought :D Have you considered that ???

AHHHH, I think you mentioned trying to make the wings flex in an earlier post. I remember watching B-52`s taking off on youtube vids. and watching the wings lift/flex to a level position as air speed grew even before the wheels left the runway.The flexing is very obvious when the B-52 is at altitude and at cruising speed, as the wings are flexing so much, that the wings are arcing in an upward position especially out towards the wing tips, where its most obvious. I`ve always wondered how that is engineered into the wings, without them fatiguing so much that they brake off. I have ideas about it, but I never really researched it. Anyway, that`s a very cool feature Legoman, Did you achieve it with different airfoils ???, by that, I mean, sections of the wings having airfoils that lift more as the different sections work out towards the wing tips. OH, An X-15 would be a nice addition on an AV, even if it can`t launch...just a thought :D Have you considered that ???

Maybe a moveable pod or linear actuator?

three moveable pods connected to airspeed maybe more evenually. the physics of the wings don't move they are pre-bent as to keep it stalling correctly

Awesome wing flex feature Legoman, absolute genius idea.

Would look great on the AN-225.

Attachments

• _89711340_an225afp.jpg
    _89711340_an225afp.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 4
what actually going on is something like this, although much less extreme

attachment.php

Attachments

• B-52 circle plane.jpg
    B-52 circle plane.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 47
Back