Backup your G2 Disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orion said:
So did you get one at the location I provided?

Buying it again on Ebay isn't the issue. I think my position is pretty clear.

Beyond that, it was my $200 dollars spent on G2, and not yours.

If you enjoy an argument, that's fine. The fact is, I have supported RealFlight from the begining with version 1, then G2, and now G4. I never looked at any other offerings, when I bought G4 last week.

That is called customer loyalty. The fact is, that telling me too bad, when I want to get a replacement CD, just go buy it again on EBay, shatters customer loyalty.

And all the insulting comments doesn't help bring that back.

Whether the CD is lost, damaged, or melted, is beside the point. And software that was discontinued 2 years ago is hardly "ancient", as many people running XP know.

I bring up a valid concern, and receive every excuse possible to make it my fault.

:) :) :) :) :)

cstoneman said:
I didn't expect a free replacement, just the ability to get one.

cstoneman said:
Buying it again on Ebay isn't the issue. I think my position is pretty clear.

No. This appears totally inconsistent. It doesn't have to be free, but it can't be a purchase either? To me it seems like you're just annoyed in general and looking for someone to blame the feeling on.

XP is still in production because many people dislike the next version and many large corporations are keeping XP until (at least) Windows 7. On the other hand, for older versions of Windows - there's ebay - I know, I've gone there myself for old versions of Windows as well as older versions of Windows applications.

By contrast, in our club I don't know of a single person who thinks G2 is superior to later offerings so it's not surprising that it doesn't live on like XP.

cstoneman said:
Keep drinking the koolaid.

cstoneman said:
And all the insulting comments doesn't help bring that back.

This is another inconsistency. Again, this leaves me with the impression that you are annoyed in general but haven't really decided who to assign your annoyance to.

Orion said:
Again, this leaves me with the impression that you are annoyed in general but haven't really decided who to assign your annoyance to.

It is clear why I am annoyed, and clear that I will deal with the annoyance by taking my business elsewhere.

My dollars, my choice, and not really up for debate with you. :)

cstoneman said:
It is clear why I am annoyed, and clear that I will deal with the annoyance by taking my business elsewhere.

My dollars, my choice, and not really up for debate with you. :)

Well then you shouldn't have brought here if you didn't want other people's opinions. This is what open forums do. It's not clear to me at all why you're annoyed at people other than yourself and/or your wife. I suspect in a couple of weeks, you'll look back and at this and laugh. At least I hope so.

jeffpn said:
We're talking software, not cars, right? Just let me know, keeping in mind your issues with GP software support, which sim you go with, and why.

Enjoy the koolaid, as I enjoy Phoenix as my next simulator. This whole issue is about KE arrogance. And your arrogance that says, I better not complain as a customer.

Funny as hell, because laughing at a customer's money is not real cool, or smart.

I don't know what the hell you do for a living, other then kiss KE ***, but I hope you aren't responsable for custumer relations, because Great Planes isn't real happy with this level of support.

A quote from Great Plains support. "Dont expect KE to do anything".

Guess what, they don't tell customers that it is their fault. They tell customers to forget about customer service.

I asked for this company to make good, but it was too much trouble. Then, I deal with Great Plains , and they tell me to forget it.

You better beleive that they don't want to alienate customers over this simulator program. But that is exactly what is happining.

This forum is amazing. You better not say anything bad, or you will be banned.

Well, the modeling community can live without Knife Edge. But Great Plains can't live without the modeling comunity.

So we will see how this all turns out, but I bet your BS comments don't have much too do with it.

Drink some more Koolaid, while I talk to the distributor that takes the heat for this travesty of customer relations.

All I wanted, was to use the freaking G2 that I payed for. But that is a problem?

Well guess what, I will live through it, and have a smile on my face, and also tell everyone at my local club about how KE doesn't give a crap.

KE got my money, but they will get my story.

I am so jazzed about buying Phoenix, and putting some dollars into a development team that hasn't decided that they are God's gift.

KE isn't God's gift at all. Just a company that takes dollars from customers, then tells them to buzz-off. Let's see how long that works? Maybe not so long?

The most amazing thing, is that I have supported RealFlight from the begining, and yet they make an effort to just piss me off, and go elsewhere for my software?

Totaly amazing, so have a nice day, but maybe a dismal future.

Pissing off customers doesn't work, no matter how special you think you are.

And let me tell you something. I have never just looked elsewhere for software, even if it is inferior, because the company pissed me so much, that I look elsewhere.

You are the first. Wake up, you are pissing people off, and if you don;t address it, you are going to go down the tubes.

Guess what, we as customers don't like a company to ignore us, and basicaly say to us to FoFF.

It goes both ways, no matter how special you think you are.

Now, I will take it beyond your company, and to GP, the local clubs, and the AMA.

All you had to do is be fair. But you decided to be greedy, so be it.

Fk'in retards......Oh wait, I am a retard. Your board members said so. You are drinking that same Koolaid. You better start listening to the money, or not.....

The amazing thing about this, is that it doesn't matter one bit. RealFlight could disappear, and the world would go on. That has to be a shock, doesn't it?

It sure would seem so, as you tell customers to go to hell, if they want a disk?

Lets boogy.

Just funny stuff here, or is it?

Last edited:
Orion said:
Well then you shouldn't have brought here if you didn't want other people's opinions. This is what open forums do. It's not clear to me at all why you're annoyed at people other than yourself and/or your wife. I suspect in a couple of weeks, you'll look back and at this and laugh. At least I hope so.
I shouldn't bring this here?

I should be annoyed at myself? I lost a disk?

I know this is hard for you to understand, but you aren't losing my business, so it really doesn't matter.

It really does matter to Knife Edge even if they can't understand that they aren't given to profit by GOD.

Here is the deal dude. I really don't give a **** what you think. I don't give a ****, what you eat. I don't even give a **** if you think that Knife Edge Software should take my daughter as a slave to sell to Arabs.

My quesion to you, is where do you even fit into this picture ? I buy this software, and now have to ask your permission to state any problem.

Has anyone from KE addressed my problem? Of coarse not. They play this game with you putting any issue I have down as BS.

Want to go into court as a KE spokesman? Well?

I will make this real simple for you and Knife Edge. I bought a product, and I can't use it anymore. I tried to get help here to get it working. I was told to fk-off.

Now, I will go beyond what Knife Edge, and what you think is fair, and see what a Judge thinks is fair.

Sorry, but my request was very simple. KE wanted to make it hard. So it will be hard. Very Hard.

It isn't about money, only fair, so let's see what happens?

Last edited:
My 2 cents worth.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I am going to tell you that I find your Comments to be both Offensive and Unneccessary.
I don't feel that anyone was being abusive towards you, but you lashed out with a Tirade of abuse.

I don't know of anybody who, when faced with such an Offensive manner, will bend over backwards to help someone to get their hands on some Obsolete Software.

Although, I can sympathise with your situation. I too wouldn't be able to afford to Replace Software that costs $200 that I have already Paid for.

But then, I look after my disks and accept responsibilty for their contition. I do not go on a Public Forum and start slinging Insults at people who had nothing to do with the Position that you are in.

I happen to think that if I had someone sling abuse like that, I too would get my Back up and be reluctant to help someone that has treated me that way.

I haven't supported Realflight since the Beginning like you have, but I will admit, I was very Dissapointed to find when I did purchase my Realflight Package,my 1st disk was cracked through to the centre of the disk and The Interlink makes clonking sounds when I use the left stick. And I paid AUS$350.

Try to find where I jumped on the Public Forums, and Abused anyone whom left a comment. I'm sure a lot more people would have Moved Heaven and Earth to help you if only you gave them the Chance.

Getting your hands on Obsolete Software is bound to be difficult at the Best of times. Let alone after 2 pages of Mud slinging.

I wish you luck and good fortune with the new Simulator. You are more than entitled to move onto other Software if you choose, but I find it strange that you supported Realflight for so long, yet at the drop of a Hat , you put them into the Category of people that don't care. I have found that the people here,are some of the nicest and most helpful group of enthusiest's on the Net.

It's ashame you never got to experience that side of this Forum. :D

Last edited:
Spasticatedtoad said:
I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I am going to tell you that I find your Comments to be both Offensive and Unneccessary.
I don't feel that anyone was being abusive towards you, but you lashed out with a Tirade of abuse.

I don't know of anybody who, when faced with such an Offensive manner, will bend over backwards to help someone to get their hands on some Obsolete Software.

Although, I can sympathise with your situation. I too wouldn't be able to afford to Replace Software that costs $200 that I have already Paid for.

But then, I look after my disks and accept responsibilty for their contition. I do not go on a Public Forum and start slinging Insults at people who had nothing to do with the Position that you are in.

I happen to think that if I had someone sling abuse like that, I too would get my Back up and be reluctant to help someone that has treated me that way.

I haven't supported Realflight since the Beginning like you have, but I will admit, I was very Dissapointed to find when I did purchase my Realflight Package,my 1st disk was cracked through to the centre of the disk and The Interlink makes clonking sounds when I use the left stick. And I paid AUS$350.

Try to find where I jumped on the Public Forums, and Abused anyone whom left a comment. I'm sure a lot more people would have Moved Heaven and Earth to help you if only you gave them the Chance.

Getting your hands on Obsolete Software is bound to be difficult at the Best of times. Let alone after 2 pages of Mud slinging.

I wish you luck and good fortune with the new Simulator. You are more than entitled to move onto other Software if you choose, but I find it strange that you supported Realflight for so long, yet at the drop of a Hat , you put them into the Category of people that don't care. I have found that the people here,are some of the nicest and most helpful group of enthusiest's on the Net.

It's ashame you never got to experience that side of this Forum. :D

The point is, that those folks at RealFlight think that everyone is a hacker out to get them.

In reality, the hackers have already broke the damn code. It is a customer like me that gets screwed over paraniod BS. Want to get RF4.5 on your computer, I can get you there, but that isn't legal.

I don't want to be a pain in the ***, but this is stupid. I have the disks, I have the CD case, I have the controller, yet they don't even want to talk to me.

Yet at the same time, if you know stuff that I know, you can just get a torrent and pirate this software.

Gee, sorry for asking and doing it legal. I guess being a pirate and not paying is the way to go. It sure doesn't work as a paying customer.

Does anyone get what I am saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back