Big Red Mk II

technoid

Coming Soon.. Big Red Mk II

Reduced wingspan from 120 to 96 inches, changed Radial to Desert Aircraft Twin, added cowl, redesigned landing gear, added wheel pants, and added Stearman style spinner. I want to thank Doug for helping me in every aspect of this plane this was surely a team effort.

It also has a fully articulated pilot seat camera. The camera view changes with aileron, elevator, and rudder movements.

This plane will also work for RealFlight 6.5

Attachments

• Big Red Mk II 01.jpg
    Big Red Mk II 01.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Big Red Mk II 02.jpg
    Big Red Mk II 02.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Big Red Mk II 03.jpg
    Big Red Mk II 03.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
WOW this is another great biplane!, I'll be looking forward for this one on the swaps!

Another nice addition Technoid, the cowl and pants look real nice. Been flying RIF today, fly`s great in 6.5, no adjustments needed. :)

It's a GREAT plane and one of my all time favorites. I hope you liked my 650MPH variant of the original I sent you. I was surprised it held together at that speed.

Big Red Mk II will be released for RF 6.5 after I get the copy I ordered a few days ago, but I also created a new project and plan to release it for RF-X too. It's a nice plane and I'd like to fly it around in the mountains and rock cliffs so I started working on the collision mesh last night and I'm nearly finished. But decided to take a break and post a render of where I'm at. I suppose I'll create a build thread in the RF-X designers forum since there isn't much going on there. Anyway here's a render of where I'm at. I'll go back and finish it soon. Then I'll need to do some work on the engine before I attach all the parts together to create one object.

Attachments

• Collision Mesh 02.jpg
    Collision Mesh 02.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 8
I got a notification today that the RealFlight 6.5 I ordered has been shipped, but the delivery date is March 15th through the 27th so it's on the slow boat. But I'm cheap on postage so I didn't pay extra for faster shipping. But it is a New left over copy so that will be nice. Ha I'm supporting KnifeEdge 6.5 through RF-X now.

I ordered something on Feb. 25th and the expected arrival date is March 23rd - April 5th. Sometimes it goes that way with things out of China or wherever. It's just a $8 upgrade kit for a cheapo V911 heli I fly around indoors.

If I can find the kit it's a plane I want in real life.

Last edited:
Thought I'd bump this thread up. I dumped in my favorite green color to make it a bit more visible to these old eyes. It's faster and more acrobatic than the original but I love them both.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1517947199.jpg
    ScreenShot1517947199.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 11
When is this plane going to be put on the swaps ? I hope it is soon!

Last edited:
Thanks Bill, I have Big Red I want the one with the cowl and gear skirts,I guess I have to wait until Technoid puts it on the swaps Thanks again
Ron

Well, I know this isn't The Big Red MkII, but this is a tease to what I have in store for it if it ever does show up ...

Meanwhile ... this is my latest BIG RED CS .... a tribute to the man, himself ...

Attachments

• ScreenShot1518316483.jpg
    ScreenShot1518316483.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 12
  • ScreenShot1518316508.jpg
    ScreenShot1518316508.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 11
  • ScreenShot1518316580.jpg
    ScreenShot1518316580.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenShot1518316870.jpg
    ScreenShot1518316870.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 10
  • ScreenShot1518316898.jpg
    ScreenShot1518316898.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 11
Well, I know this isn't The Big Red MkII, but this is a tease to what I have in store for it if it ever does show up ...

Meanwhile ... this is my latest BIG RED CS .... a tribute to the man, himself ...

Ha.. Everyone likes to see there name in lights. Cool!

Ha.. Everyone likes to see there name in lights. Cool!

Didn't know if it should have been Technoid Aviation, or Technoid International, or Technoid Industries ... LOL

I went with aviation as both contained 8 letters ...

Still think there's a few more CS left in me for this ol' bird ...

I think she turned out a real looker ... especially with the graphics set to MAX ... But then screenshots don't post without modification ...

Didn't know if it should have been Technoid Aviation, or Technoid International, or Technoid Industries ... LOL

I went with aviation as both contained 8 letters ...

Still think there's a few more CS left in me for this ol' bird ...

I think she turned out a real looker ... especially with the graphics set to MAX ... But then screenshots don't post without modification ...

If you only knew where Big Red came from, now Doug knows all the different biplanes I went through getting to Big Red. Ha.. at one time Big Red had an oval mouth and I called it Oval Bipe. That's way back when I was first learning how to model and I kept making different versions of a biplane until I actually started to put something real together. At first all I wanted to do was make simple planes just to fly what I made. But after a while, like the hot dog designers that taught me said I wanted to create something substantial. Now I guess I'm moving on to real planes for a bit. I'm looking forward to the F8F but I'm not in a hurry this time. Your CS's are always cool and I look forward to them, so keep on trucking.

Ha.. you can laugh, she ain't pretty.

Attachments

• Oval Bipe 01.jpg
    Oval Bipe 01.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 13
Back