Blade CP Pro

stock

hey phrank,
I love ur skill with the cp blades model, because of ur excellent blade cp, I went out and bought one, if you could find the time, I would love to check out ur stock ver AV you mentioned. I also want to thank everyone on this forum for the great planes, and helis, and all the help received.

downloading

Hey guys im a new cp owner and i just found this forum!I am excited to see that you guys have done the versions of the cp!!!!!I have g3 flight sim and would like to knowe how to put your cps in that sim???Can anyone help!Sorry for asking a newbie question!Thanks

jack1976 said:
I have g3 flight sim and would like to knowe how to put your cps in that sim???

Can anyone help!

Sorry for asking a newbie question!Thanks

Please see this thread.

CLICK ON ME!

White space is your friend when posting...

Hi Phrank,

Great CP Pro...love flying it and I have one coming this week. I was just wondering if you have thought of making the Pro with the mode of the Super Skids you can get for it.

Eddie

Initially I was concerned that too many Blade flavors might be hard for the forum to digest, but I've received several PMs requesting additional versions.

There was someone interested in further development of the model.
I'll see if he wants to pick up the torch and do the aftermarket mods since I don't own said upgrades.

Stay tuned,
Frank...

Thanks for the reply!

One question if I may...

I can not get your CP Pro or any other Helio to fly inverted. I know I am doing something wrong just not sure what. I toggle the switches but I must be doing it wrong. Is there a setting in G3.5 to set so you can fly inverted?

Eddie

to fly inverted a heli of cause has to have negative pitch.
the cp pro and most heli on the swaps have it avail. it is just A flick of a switch to enable.

try this.

first hit the #2 on you keyboard to bring you radio on screen in G3.
now, the switch is the
top left switch with three positions. this on is on the far left side on the radio guide on srcreen in G3, move it towards you. or if you lay the tx down it would be up. (But on the screen. it will be down).

This will now allow the negative pitch to be available.
now all you have to do is move the colective/throtle stick down past halfway when inverted.

However. to keep an element of real with the CP Pro. frank has put the switch asignment on the top Far right two way switch. Down on screen is negative pitch avail with power. but on your actual tx in your hand. you will move the switch towards you.

PS when you edit a post you can also delete one . ;) Opps double post there :)

Last edited:
Hey, I'd appreciate it if you would send me or post the stock CP model referred to in earlier posts. I modified your CP Pro model but it seems too powerful compared to my heli (from the very limited experience I have so far).

Excellent work, very impressed with the model!

Hey, thank you for the model, it's most appreciated. I thought I had subscribed to this thread but for some reason I didn't get an email when you posted??
So I've just downloaded the model and will give it a try tonight.

I have spent a lot of time tinkering with your other model, weighing my components and tuning it to the same specs as my CP and it is amazingly close now - it will be interesting to compare this model. The main things I found as I mentioned is that the motor seems too powerful and/or the battery supplies too much power.

I recently upgraded my CP to LiPo and I'm finding that the batteries on the sim last far too long. When I was running NiMh batteries I noticed the same thing and thought it might have been because my batteries were no good but the LiPos are the same. I get about 10-15 minutes hover (or extremely restricted flight time) in my basement, I'll try to time how long it takes to wear out the battery on the sim, although that involves not crashing for a while!!

I would strongly recomend to any newbies that have purchased a Blade CP/CP+/CP Pro, download one of these models and put in some sim time - it will help immensely.

Just had 20 minutes with the CP model in the sports hall, it's awesome! I don't have much experience with the real thing but this model seems extremely close to me. Great job.

On this one the battery only lasts a few minutes, and it's a lot heavier than mine (419g vs 304g)? Is the weight off to get accurate flight characteristics?

Thanks.

MaxTakeoff said:
Just had 20 minutes with the CP model in the sports hall, it's awesome! I don't have much experience with the real thing but this model seems extremely close to me. Great job.

On this one the battery only lasts a few minutes, and it's a lot heavier than mine (419g vs 304g)? Is the weight off to get accurate flight characteristics?

Thanks.
Good to hear about you Improvement due to the sim and the Blade CP EA's

Just curious,
Which Blade CP_EA are you using. which one is 419g ?
The ones I have are under 300g and the Extreme is 440somthing grams.

The difference in weight on the "Extreme" is mainly due to the metal Upgrades and Non Stock Electronics.

Bryce.

HX3D014, when I imported the file that RCHeliAce kindly posted, it came in at 419g - does it weigh something different on yours after a straight import? I am using G3.5 but I'm just wondering whether I messed about with the battery that it calls up or something? I'll have to look into that.

I have far too many Blade CP models floating around now :eek:

Cheers

Yeah, that's the pro model. I wanted the model of the more basic CP version.

Actually the weight of my CP is 335g with NiMh, 304g is the weight of the Pro. Still a fair way off 419g.

Ahhh. So it is the Battery that is the difference in weight.

Have you tried the E-Tail version ? (Still LiPo that one, but has an Electric tail motor that adds instability)

I did try the E-Tail version but I had problems with it and gave up. The main rotors kept glitching for some reason and I couldn't seem to get it to stop spinning even after following the instructions.

The battery does make a difference to the weight, but in the model I set my NiMh batteries to the same weight as my actual batteries (99g).

I'm selling my Blade CP now so I've been focusing more on the CP Pro model, that still seems a fair bit more powerful than mine, especially for rapid throttle inputs.

Back