Blade CP Pro

2 thumbs up

Great job Phrank!!!! Is this pretty accurate to the way the real one flies? I was thinking about getting one.

The real one has a loose tail that must be constantly managed.
When I got the G90 Gyro it flew much better. And that's what I'm going to release.
Some very experienced forum guys contributed to the final physics model.
If everyone agrees, I'm going to release it this week.

I also like the picture of the one Bladescraper ;) posted, so I'll be doing one that looks close to that one also.

E-Tail setup Done

Frank;
I Got the E-tail working (Probably better than the real one) so I need feed back. (Seeing as I don't have the CP Pro)

So this is supposed to be the
Blade CP Pro
with
G90 Gyro
Stock Brushed motors
Here is how I have it working​

(Looking at the Gadgets Radio)
  1. 3 way switch
    • up=
      • standard pitch curve. (IE don't go inverted)
      • Gyro off
      • Throttle-Rudder mixing on (in this mode only)
    • mid=
      • standard pitch curve. (IE don't go inverted here either)
      • Gyro on (Dependant on Knob, see Knob)
    • Down=
      • Stunt Pitch Curve. (Go inverted here : )
      • Gyro Still On (Dependant on Knob, see Knob)
      • Stunt Throttle Curve to go with Stunt pitch curve
  2. 2 way switch (Duel Rate)
    • Up High rates on
      • Roll
      • Pitch
      • Collective (Pitch curve that is)
    • Down = Low rates on
      • Roll
      • Pitch
      • Collective (Pitch curve that is)
  3. Knob = Gyro Gain Adjustment (no Explaining here)
  4. 2 way switch (Smoke Switch, top Right)
    • Up = Trim on for when gyro knob set to full anticlockwise -normal rate gyro- and in mid 3way switch mode.
    • Down = No Trim, for when you have some gyro activated. IE Know turned clockwise more than 5 deg. test it and you may find out.
      • here is how to see how to test the trim
        3 way in mid position
        knob full anticlockwise
        smoke switch down
        try to hover still and you will see the nose piro to the right. now throw the smoke switch to up. (This is trim) and it should stay kind of still and fly as if in just standard rate gyro mode. Or you could just go to 3way switch down (Stunt mode)
      • this was the only combination of switch settings that needed adjusting. so just keep the smoke switch down. except for when in the above mode.

This AV should have;
1 x Motor for the heli mechanics called "EFLH1110B 370SP 4045KV"
1 x Motor for the Tail called "N30-Blade CP Pro_01"
1 x Battery called "LiPoly 800 mah" (This is important as it has the ESC IO resistance set in it)
1 x Set of main blades called ""240 mm Blades Blade CP Pro"

The tail prop should be a Pylon racer on.

Please check if all these are there, and fly's OK, or needs changes, let me know.

Thanks again Frank . If you need to change the EA that this E-Tail mod is based on. I could add these Mods to the new EA file if needed.
(I am not sure if the EA this is based on would need changes to graphics as the 1st Blade "CP Pro EA.g3x" file did)

Attachments

• Blade CP Pro Etail_Bryce_Gold_03_AV.G3X
    34.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Extract and place all files in the "Engines" folder except the blades, put blades in the "Planes" folder.
just in case. Please test if alredy there before geting from this .zip file.

Attachments

• Blade CP Pro Motors Bat n Blades .zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 67
That's great news! I don't believe a true Electric tail has been attempted on a Realflight Heli, this should prove interesting indeed. BTW: A new EA is needed for the electric version along with new canopy to avoid confusion.

I'll try it after work today.

Last edited:
Great Planes Should Take a look at Phranks Work!

I hope someone at Great Planes is checking out Phranks work, they should think about hiring him as a contract employee.

Great helicopter model!

I downloaded yesterday's version and was playing with it, but I found it a bit on the light side and not as responsive, so I made some modifications both to size, flight dynamics and visuals.

This modified MIA Micro-FLIGHT version, feels like a E Sky King Belt and might be a little too responsive for beginners but you can always use the dual rate switch to make it less responsive.

Give it a shot, let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks Phrank, for the original model file!

Dad

Attachments

• ScreenShot1177622572.jpg
    ScreenShot1177622572.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 23
  • ScreenShot1177623007.jpg
    ScreenShot1177623007.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 22
  • ScreenShot1177623356.jpg
    ScreenShot1177623356.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 17
  • ScreenShot1177627341.jpg
    ScreenShot1177627341.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 28
  • ScreenShot1177626900.jpg
    ScreenShot1177626900.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
All the files are uploaded in the swap section, here are some more visual shots.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1177627305.jpg
    ScreenShot1177627305.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 12
  • ScreenShot1177628370.jpg
    ScreenShot1177628370.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 5
  • ScreenShot1177625858.jpg
    ScreenShot1177625858.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 44
Please check if the Engins and rotor blades are there.

as per the post

This AV should have;
1 x Motor for the heli mechanics called "EFLH1110B 370SP 4045KV"
1 x Motor for the Tail called "N30-Blade CP Pro_01"
1 x Battery called "LiPoly 800 mah" (This is important as it has the ESC IO resistance set in it)
1 x Set of main blades called ""240 mm Blades Blade CP Pro"

The tail prop should be a Pylon racer on.

the .zip file has them. so maybe i need to do an EA to grab them (Not sure yet)

Otherwise. make sure your heli physics in G3 settings are at Highest. by default they are at high.

will attach a .recording. BRB.

Larry,

I'm eager to post too, but I want to be fully confident with the final product.
Can you wait a bit before posting your version?
It is good that you posted shots of your Color scheme though, I noticed a glitch there.

In the Final version, I've got some additional graphics glitches that I'm fixing and will be posting the full model tonight or tomorrow AM. So please wait until then.

Thanks for understanding,
Frank...

Last edited:
Hi Frank,

I didn't notice anything wrong with your original CP PRO model files.

I just wanted to try a larger 2x version and a little more on the 3D harder edge. I credited the original model design to your name so everyone knows who design the heli. I just made the flight dynamics and visuals different as each one has their own taste in control feel and visuals, it may not suit everyone, but it is an option, sorry I got ahead of things. Looking forward to your final original size heli files. Great Job! .

Not a problem,
I encourage creative AVs and Color Schemes, just not yet on the Swap Pages.

Post Now edited. download again.

PS you know that with the 3 way switch in the up position (Back) it is not gyro.

and the Smoke switch (Gear for aero) should be down (Gear up).

this edit now can piro faster in stund mode. 3 way down, (Forward) and smoke switch down (Gear up).

Post Now edited.

Frank. I would be happy to make a recording on how to use the switches. for now and for us to test the heli. I just want to test one thing here.
the recording was with microphone input. Voice over. but it came to 29mb so I converted to mp3 not 650kb :) now G3 can see .mp3s but the extractor needs it to be .wmv so I renamed to .wmv to extract. I also tested. and G3 still played the voice over. even after the Original 26mb .wmv is not there. so I think all you will have to do is import as per normal (This RC.g3X)
But if it doesn't work then find the .wmv file and rename to .mp3. they are in the Recordings folder.

Later I could make the recording different (Better : ) if required.

PS. I refer to the Gadgets radio. bring it up so you can see what Switches are moving.

Attachments

• HX3D014_Blade CP Pro Etail_Bryce_Gold_03_RC.G3X
    3.2 MB · Views: 69
Always fun to watch an expert fly a Heli.... :)
I alway's land my planes in the field to watch the pro's do wonders that I can't.

Now back to the subject at hand:
I like it, it's not that hard once you know what the knobs do, although there is
a slight learning curve to get it to fly properly. It will appeal just fine for the
technically minded folk.
PM me your email, let's talk Canopy choices for this version...

Frank...
HX3D014 said:
Frank. I would be happy to make a recording on how to use the switches. for now and for us to test the heli. I just want to test one thing here.
the recording was with microphone input. Voice over. but it came to 29mb so I converted to mp3 not 650kb :) now G3 can see .mp3s but the extractor needs it to be .wmv so I renamed to .wmv to extract. I also tested. and G3 still played the voice over. even after the Original 26mb .wmv is not there. so I think all you will have to do is import as per normal (This RC.g3X)
But if it doesn't work then find the .wmv file and rename to .mp3. they are in the Recordings folder.

Later I could make the recording different (Better : ) if required.

PS. I refer to the Gadgets radio. bring it up so you can see what Switches are moving.

Larry,

You've had plenty of time to stand your ground, now please respect my wishes and remove your Blade CP files from the Swap Pages.
If not gone by morning I'll have to consider making this model available exclusively elsewhere.

Frank...

Back