Blade CP Pro

Hey I just downloaded that Blade CP Pro and I think that it's pretty close a little to powerful but I think that it's close. I was also wondering if that g-90 servo will make that tail that stable because I don't have that on my Blade and if I try to go inverted it is quite hard to hold that tail strait. So I guess what I am saying is should I buy that gyro?

There are better HH gyros, but if adjusted correctly it will make your life easier. Tail will drift some still though....

Electric Tail.

Electric Tail:
Interesting experiment, reminds me of those Feigao Tail mods people are doing.
I'll put out an experimental version so that the tail motor can be properly placed.

EDIT: Here is an experimental electric tail version from your edit, I'm not saying this is going to be the main release, but if you can make it work, we'll release it as an alternate.

Attachments

• BCP_Etail.jpg
    BCP_Etail.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Cool. thanks Frank. I will be at work for another 8 hours. so i will post back in 9 hours or so.

PS position Looks good from the Pic :)

One more thing.
Rob's Tail Rotor modification works very well, that's going in.

*Too much power:
Can you guys change: "Torque from Engine Modification (%)" to a value of 60.
It's under "Heli Mechanics"

Let me know how that feels. I do not do stunts with my real-life Blade CP (too expensive) so I'll rely on those who have done that.

Yellow Canopy Scheme is done, if you guys want to wait for the Swap release for it that will be fine, otherwise let me know.

Frank...

Attachments

• BCP_Yellow.jpg
    BCP_Yellow.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 117
Phrank:

Please check the tail rotor.

I was playing with it to try to fix some of the characteristics of the physics variant above, and I noticed that the blades pivot in the wrong direction compared to the physics model.

In other words ( looking at the heli from the back ) when the tail blades pivot to adjust pitch, so that the trailing edges are to the right and the leading edges to the left, the visual model does the exact opposite.

Did you throw a simple collision mesh around the model?

I notice that G3 turns into a slide show when I zoom into the model while it is close to the ground.

G3 may be hard at work dealing with collision points if there is not a simpler collision mesh in place.

Wonderful work!

---

Physics:

On another note, the variant, ( at least on my computer ) pitches up hard when it lifts off. I have to move the C.G. almost .8" forward to prevent this.

BTW: Guys don't increase the gain to stabilize the tail so much. This causes the wag since your upping the gain so high.

Instead, select a blade cross section with more "lift" ( say a NACA0018 ) and increase the main/tail rotor rate to gain more authority.

( For edification: When editing helis consider not making the CCW and CW blade pitch identical. This sets up a "prepitch" in G3 that helps prevent the heli to spin during spoolup.... not that this is happening in this particular model...

The "rest" state or at neutral rudder, of the blades will have some pitch this way to counteract main rotor torque. )

---

Very nice heli.

Jose,
Thanks for the feedback:
Tail Rotor: Good Catch, my pivots are set incorrectly in the model, simple fix.

Collision Mesh: (attached) Only the Skids have a complex mesh (exact copy of the skids) The rest of the chopper though is very simple. I Had to throw out some for the Head and paddle hub to keep below poly quota. A simple collision mesh for the skids were making the heli jump around during rotor spin up resulting in self-destruct, making and exact copy of the skids fixed the problem to some extent.
I'm within a couple hundred polys from the limit, I'll see if I can put some back in.

Attachments

• BCP_COLL.jpg
    BCP_COLL.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 26
You could also throw an ovoid collision mesh around the whole heli to reduce the calculations.

Even what you have now is more than what is necessary for us mere mortals.

Oh!
I thought you meant make it more complex.
I'll simplify the Skids, to see if that helps.

The settings for the gyro where good as is. The settings I had changed where in the tail rotor. I changed:
Deflection (CW pirouette)(deg) from 20.0 to 25.0 that got rid of the slow rotation in a hover. I also changed:
Tail to main rotor ratio from 8.00 to 6.00 that got rid of the tail shake (tail rotor spinning too fast)

I tried to reduce the torque from engine modification to 60% but that was to low 70% was still a little hard to pull off some maneuvers so I stayed with the 80% Over all I felt no need to change anything else.

I downloaded the etail version, and let me tell you, it is turning out to be quite a challenge to get the flight physics right on it. It flies more like a bone stock Blade CP not a Pro version. It flies perfect if you are trying to duplicate the 4-in-1 :rolleyes:

I also have downloaded the blade cp pro you made and the only thing I find that is different then my real Cp Pro is that it is a little overpowered.

I used AC3D to model and texture map the Helicopter.
Then import to 3dsmax 9 + KEMAX plug-in to finish-off the dummy point helpers and Pivots. Export to Kex was also done within 3dsmax.

Now, you don't need 3dsmax 9 to make an airplane, but for Helicopters you do.
This is due to the long component names and helpers.

I played with the settings a bit more to get the power a bit more realistic. If you lower the air foil of the blades from NACA 0015 to a thinner foil like NACA 0011 they will not push as much air so you can lower the power a bit. Just lowering the power with a thicker airfoil will stall the blades more quickly with out perfect collective management.

RCHeliAce said:
The settings for the gyro where good as is. The settings I had changed where in the tail rotor. I changed:
Deflection (CW pirouette)(deg) from 20.0 to 25.0 that got rid of the slow rotation in a hover. I also changed:
Tail to main rotor ratio from 8.00 to 6.00 that got rid of the tail shake (tail rotor spinning too fast)

I downloaded the etail version, and let me tell you, it is turning out to be quite a challenge to get the flight physics right on it. It flies more like a bone stock Blade CP not a Pro version. It flies perfect if you are trying to duplicate the 4-in-1 :rolleyes:

Hmmm... good call on the tail.

Do both of these go nose up/tail down upon lifting off, for you?

I find that I must push the nose down constantly. On my real micros, I balance them out so that they have a slight nose down tendancy.

Yes, The X, Y, and Z where all at 0. I changed Y to .30 and it gave me the slight nose forward I was looking for. I hadn’t mentioned that. I thought that was more of a personal preference type adjustment.

using the suggestions above for the (CP Pro)

I have a few extra changes.
I included the ones you suggested RCHeliAce (TR CW 25deg and TR-MR ratio from 8 to 6, and made a set of 240mm blades with the naca0011 instead of the standard naca0015's) but with my other changes, I needed to up the engine torque modifier to 90 (You could change to may be 100 on my mods)

here is what I did.

if you start from the Blade CP Pro EA.g3x (Make a copy of your edit if not already doing so)

1/ change to Lipoly 910 mah bat
2/ change to 3 cell (Not 8)
3/ move battery Y axis to .090 m this puts it slightly forward of Main Mast (PS Sorry I work in metric : )
4/ change Engine main rotor ratio to 6
5/ change torque mod to 90 or close to 100 (Your pref : )
6/ in software radio
  • Stunt mode throttle curve Channel 3. changed
    • change Mid stick from 0 to 75%
  • Normal mode throttle curve channel 3. changed
    • change low stick Position to -100%
    • change mid stick position to around +40%
    • change high stick position to around +115%

I like it :)

Still working on the Motor tail one.
love the position. Thanks frank.

PS You could just make it so the Standard "Blade CP Pro_EA.g3s" file has the same prop position available, then there would only need to be an AV of one Aircraft. :) I will keep working with the one given. so it will be ready either way.

PS I was getting a silver heli. with the two heli EA's. probably because they were using the same date somewhere?. BCPP.DSC?? cant remember.

Attachments

• Blade CP Pro Syn_01_AV.G3X
    32.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Sorry about the color schemes, I made the mistake of leaving the same name for both color schemes.

Here is a new Blade with all the changes to date:
3d Model:
Fixes Tail Rotor pivot (Thanks Jose)
Simplified Skid collision mesh.
A little sheen added to plastic parts instead of dull flat color.
Other minor graphic glitches.
Color Scheme renamed to "Blade CP Pro Silver"

Physics:
Rob's modification to Tail Rotor.
Batt and Canopy weight modified for a bit of forward COG
HX3D014's changes from above. (Motor, throttle curve, Main Blade)

About the Electric tail as an AV:
Unfortunately once the KE tail is removed, the components that KE uses to define the Tailhub become visible, there is no good way to hide it. In the model I made for you, I just deleted those components and made some of the 3D parts visible so the prop could be attached.

Note: If you're going to install this model- Save prior edits if you need to... Then remove the old one through "manage user files"

Let's see how the feedback is on this new model.
Frank...

Last edited:
RCHeliAce:

G3.5 still seems to exhibit the periodic problem that I saw with older versions.

Namely if you've loaded a prior plane, then switch to a new one, the newly loaded craft may assume some of the characteristics of the last loaded plane.

This happens sporadically.

If in turn the plane is edited, those characteristics "stick".

Yesterday I started G3.5 then reloaded the heli (this was the third time I did this) again overwriting everything.

This fixed the pronounced pitch up I was getting....

The with your tweaks, it flies great.

---

On the motorized tail model.

It - IS - possible to adjust the input curves via "complex inputs" to get authentic tail behaviour.

I'm not there yet with the posted AV model, but I'm really close.

The posted variant tends to keep the tail motor running at all times.

What is needed is to have the gain and control amounts varied by throttle imputs as well. That way when the rotor head stops the tail also should stop full UNLESS RIGHT yaw is commanded.

The motor should be fully off at zero throttle and with the rudder at neutral or to the left.

The best way to adjust this is to turn off heading hold altogether and adjust everything until the heli is flyable but the tail reacts authentically.

At the moment reliance on HH is causing overcompensation ( s ).

Back