Blade CP Pro

HX3D014 said:
Nice work.
good idea going stock on the motor. This way you could put two variants up. one Stock and One Blitzed : ) Shame the Blade runs a motor tail system. But thats E-Flight :)
Phrank, I didnt know you Can and Do do this. wow. makes me want to do it. (I drive a bus and have lots of spare time here and there. but i don't think i would have the patience to learn how to do this, besides, being a dad now, i will just wait untill my son can/maybe do it : )

Good on you for Just doing it.
Hey bleive it or not this is a blade cp with the belt drive frame! Looks like a trex except 370 size,after the upgrade it is refered to and "The Blade CP 3DX"! :cool:

Attachments

• 3DX-UGE-17.jpg
    3DX-UGE-17.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 32
  • GRP-BCP3DX_6.jpg
    GRP-BCP3DX_6.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 71
  • GRP-BCP3DX_1.jpg
    GRP-BCP3DX_1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 67
Who makes the Upgrade?
how much dose it cost?
what radio tx and rx servos gyro etc are you useing?

After all the upgrade? (then conversion into a 3D capable Heli?). how much is left as stock?

The blade and others are just cheep china copies of Original Pioneers Ideas. and thus, money is going into the pockets of other than the Originator. (Suppose this is just the way things are)

PS. if it got you flying. then I guess it was worth it. (Thank god for Wall mart eh)

Where is the quality?

Please. Frank don't let this distract you. you are doing a briliant job. and there are so many who have this heli as their First. It is nostalgic for those and they do want it. your work is and will be appreaciated for a long time.

HX3D014 said:
Who makes the Upgrade?
how much dose it cost?
what radio tx and rx servos gyro etc are you useing?

After all the upgrade? (then conversion into a 3D capable Heli?). how much is left as stock?

The blade and others are just cheep china copies of Original Pioneers Ideas. and thus, money is going into the pockets of other than the Originator. (Suppose this is just the way things are)

PS. if it got you flying. then I guess it was worth it. (Thank god for Wall mart eh)

Where is the quality?

Please. Frank don't let this distract you. you are doing a briliant job. and there are so many who have this heli as their First. It is nostalgic for those and they do want it. your work is and will be appreaciated for a long time.
Well after the hole frame upgrade and every thing else (6 channel receiver, gyro ect.) Dont scream,it came out to 500.95, But it was wroth it, its basically a competition bird now! I think HH products make it, the only thing thats stock is the servos(plus one extra for the tail)

Ooooh, they come with yellow canopy now?

I think I prefer yellow canopy, better visibility.
I will however, release a gray canopy color scheme shortly afterwards.

My Blade CP Pro has the G90 Gyro, Aluminum Swashplate, and the Microheli Vertical Tail Fin (MH-CP064VF) looks very nice.
I haven't had the nerve to upgrade to brushless yet, although I have already purchased the required equipment. I'm waiting until I can fly better, these wooden blades are becoming expensive... :)

Now, wouldn't it be great if I could model all these options in, and be able to reveal them with just a new AV instead of another EA? I'm thinking NFS underground style... Maybe wishlists for Realflight G4?

..edit... this is what a yellow variant might look like...
back to work...

Attachments

• BCP yellow.jpg
    BCP yellow.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=183101#post183101
a few want the CP pro here.

Originally Posted by Phrank
Now, wouldn't it be great if I could model all these options in, and be able to reveal them with just a new AV instead of another EA? I'm thinking NFS underground style... Maybe wishlists for Realflight G4?
I will add that to a closed thread I managed to get a post into. is actualy a good idea.

Dont scream,it came out to 500.95, But it was wroth it
I suppose it is. Looks like a humdinger. bling a plenty and CF throughout.
See, didnt take much to get the blade to a competative level :p
I am envious.

have a look at the post in the threat link above. the post with a g3.5.044 AV.g3x in it. what do you think. Not here. I will crate a new thread in general discussion on this part about the .g3x file there.

Phrank
the link to the G4 thread is Here. when i find it again :eek:

It's Done!

Bad News, 26812 polys. Kemax won't export if over 20K.
Time to simplify, lose some details and components.
Wires will likely go first :(
Then the not frequently seen bits.

Ouch!

Attachments

• BCP Rear.jpg
    BCP Rear.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 54
  • BCP Top.jpg
    BCP Top.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 67
WOW! 6,812 polys over. Now that's detail. Let us know how you make out getting the polys down to 20K. Hopefully you can dump the most UN seen parts and that will be enough. Maybe we should try and get the poly count higher, say 30K, in the next update. That would be a valid request.

After some major re-optimization, KEmax was happy with the file.
I always like to see an early import to see how it's going.

I needed a good laugh after all that frustration. :)

Attachments

• BCP_RF1.jpg
    BCP_RF1.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 118
phrank said:

I needed a good laugh after all that frustration. :)
I think it could do with bigger blades on the tail motor. :p

Uh, oh ...

phrank said:
How many of the 26812 polys are attributable to that little tail rotor? :D

Looks good. lol

check out this.
1/ has an electric tail rotor
2/ has a series of wave generators and servo mixers to simulate colective bobbing.

Tail rotor part may be more interesting.

Well done frank. Look forward to it :)

Attachments

• Heli-Max Axe CP Colective trbl tl mo01_AV.G3X
    35.3 KB · Views: 85
Beta

Here it is....
I'm going to release this BETA in the forum thread for the interested parties. Once all the bugs are worked out, I'll move it into the Swap pages for general access.
Why here and not there? Long story.... (Ever wonder why I have 2 midget mustangs up there?)

I would like feedback on any graphics bugs you may encounter, I'll do my best to correct them. Much was trimmed, smoothnes of the canopy was sacrificed to lower the poly count.

My Physics model obviously needs some work, so let's collaborate together to get a stock feeling to the bird. Fancy sports stuff can be adressed as AVs after it goes to the swap pages.
Currently it's set up as follows:
Top-right toggle--- Switches betweeen Normal and Stunt Mode
Volume Knob -- Controls the G90 Gyro, Turn Left for Standard, Right for Head Hold.
I would have liked to set up the 3-pos switch on Top left to control the Throttle curves as the knob on the stock transmitter would, but I was not succesful in the Mixing, Any Takers?

Meanwhile I'll work on optimizing the Color Scheme and making the Yellow Canopy Version.

Enjoy!
Frank...

Attachments

• BCP_BETA1.jpg
    BCP_BETA1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 78
  • BCP_BETA2.jpg
    BCP_BETA2.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I love it. It was so close from the start. I only made two changes as it had a fair amount of tail drift with the G90 in standard (HH is rock solid) and the tail was shaking a lot.

Here are the settings I changed to the Tail Rotor:
Tail to main rotor ratio from 8.00 to 6.00
Deflection (CW pirouette)(deg) from 20.0 to 25.0

As I fly it more I will let you know but I felt it almost identical to my stock CP Pro with just theses two changes. Solid model. Well done phrank.

Nice work. Very good I like it. could not see any Visual problems with paint etc. Bit over powered? I wouldnt know. But i know the tail is electric motor driven. I want to be able to add a Prop to the exact location where the tail rotor would go.
I add a Prop on a motor same as my attached file above. But in The Blade Pro file you uploaded (So far) i was not able to attach to a location close enough other than the Vertical tail fin. (ts just a Visual thing)

check out my motor edit on the tail (so far). Its late and i just played for 40 min or so.(not enough to say this is my finished edit ;) you know what i mean.
Anyway, Please Have a look at the Prop thing in both my Posts. this one and the one above.

Attachments

• Blade CP Pro Bryce_01_AV.G3X
    33.6 KB · Views: 112
Phrank Great work,i have 2 blade cp's ready for the swaps give me your email and i will send them they are both set up perfectly there are 2 versions 1 is stock the second is fully upgraded i think the should make a blinged color scheme then export the heli with the blinged scheme the re-import it then it will say you already have an aircraft named blade cp,rename it to Blade cp pro (upgraded)
that way would be alot better.

Back