Bowers Fly Baby Float

Not much difference but I finished the struts and added a collar at the fuselage on all four struts. I also removed the tail gear. I can't find any good pictures to help me decide the strut length, the distance from the bottom of the fuselage to the top of the float. Depending on how you want to measure it the distance from the bottom of the fuselage to the top of the float is 6.2 inches, the distance from the bottom of the prop to the top of the float is 3.6 inches. So if you have any thoughts on it let me know.

I still need to add the bottom wing wires to the struts.

Bowers Fly Baby Float 04.jpg

Last edited:
Not much difference but I finished the struts and added a collar at the fuselage on all four struts. I also removed the tail gear. I can't find any good pictures to help me decide the strut length, the distance from the bottom of the fuselage to the top of the float. Depending on how you want to measure it the distance from the bottom of the fuselage to the top of the float is 6.2 inches, the distance from the bottom of the prop to the top of the float is 3.6 inches. So if you have any thoughts on it let me know.

View attachment 134870
that is going to be a nice float plane i would do that to the real RC model if i had one :)

View attachment 134870
Gary the distance you have on the float to the prop looks maybe just a tad close , but very close to how i setup my RC float planes , to far down makes the drag affect the down pitch some which is why i did mine with just enough to keep the water hitting the prop . if this helps . your float plane here is good . https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/goldberg-tiger-120-float_ea.27834/

Gary the distance you have on the float to the prop looks maybe just a tad close , but very close to how i setup my RC float planes , to far down makes the drag affect the down pitch some which is why i did mine with just enough to keep the water hitting the prop . if this helps . your float plane here is good . https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/goldberg-tiger-120-float_ea.27834/
Thanks Doug. I actually got the floats I used from that plane but I wasn't sure if I kept the distance the same so I just checked it out. After I get the plane in RealFlight I'll send it to you and you can let me know if you want the distance changed and I'll fix it for you.

Bottom of Prop to Top of Float

* Fly Baby Float: 3.662
* Goldberg Tiger 120 Float: 3.230

Bottom of Fuselage to Top of Float

* Fly Baby Float: 6.263
* Goldberg Tiger 120 Float: 6.306

Thanks Doug. I actually got the floats I used from that plane but I wasn't sure if I kept the distance the same so I just checked it out. After I get the plane in RealFlight I'll send it to you and you can let me know if you want the distance changed and I'll fix it for you.

Bottom of Prop to Top of Float

* Fly Baby Float: 3.662
* Goldberg Tiger 120 Float: 3.230

Bottom of Fuselage to Top of Float

* Fly Baby Float: 6.263
* Goldberg Tiger 120 Float: 6.306
that is close to the same , okay that sounds good tech

I added all the float parts to the schematic and set the pivot points. Now I need to add the floats to the mapping and update the color scheme. Once I get that finished I'll add the floats to the physics and then send it off to Doug so he can modify the flight physics for the floats.

I added all the float parts to the schematic and set the pivot points. Now I need to add the floats to the mapping and update the color scheme. Once I get that finished I'll add the floats to the physics and then send it off to Doug so he can modify the flight physics for the floats.
yes the physics you have on the Bower Fly Baby will work good there will only be minor additions to the physics so it should go quick and you can check them out tech , thanks for the chance to do the float physics .

Last edited:
yes the physics you have on the Bower Fly Baby will work good there will only be minor additions to the physics so it should go quick and you can check them out tech , thanks for the chance to do the float physics .
I thought you might like to do the physics for the float version. Next I'll update the part physics before I send it to you. I'll remove the landing gear and the tail gear, and add the floats. I'll probably take the float weight from the Goldberg Tiger 120 float and calculate what it would weigh a little larger for the Bowers Fly Baby Float and then send it to you to do the float flight physics. So expect the CG to be off because of the parts that's been removed and added so you'll need to modfiy some stuff to take care of that. Of course you know that. I just wanted to let you know what I'll do before I send it to you.

I thought you might like to do the physics for the float version. Next I'll update the part physics before I send it to you. I'll remove the landing gear and the tail gear, and add the floats. I'll probably take the float weight from the Goldberg Tiger 120 float and calculate what it would weigh a little larger for the Bowers Fly Baby Float and then send it to you to do the float flight physics. So expect the CG to be off because of the parts that's been removed and added so you'll need to modfiy some stuff to take care of that. Of course you know that. I just wanted to let you know what I'll do before I send it to you.
sounds like a solid plan

I worked on the physics this morning. I removed the landing gear and the tail gear and added the floats. I also updated the Spec Map for the new mapping. Here's a picture in RealFlight.

View attachment 134879
i have been flying the Bowers Fly Baby Float and it does fly good , it only needs a few tweaks to the physics . oh tech did you have the rudders finished , i couldn't seem to be able to add weight or even pick those in the physics

i have been flying the Bowers Fly Baby Float and it does fly good , it only needs a few tweaks to the physics . oh tech did you have the rudders finished , i couldn't seem to be able to add weight or even pick those in the physics
I used a moveable pod to control the steering rod so you can turn the rudders and raise and lower them but I didn't put a separate item for the rudders. If you haven't done anything yet I can add that for your or you can do it.

Actually I just realized the rudders do need a wing item so they work correctly, sorry I didn't think about it. Do you want me to add them and send you another beta?

I used a moveable pod to control the steering rod so you can turn the rudders and raise and lower them but I didn't put a separate item for the rudders. If you haven't done anything yet I can add that for your or you can do it.

Actually I just realized the rudders do need a wing item so they work correctly, sorry I didn't think about it. Do you want me to add them and send you another beta?
that will be good also the float landing gear needs it as well :)

An off topic post. You know I was waiting for the RTX 4070 to be released since it would give me more power than I need and be lower cost than the higher offerings, but now that it's been released I can't bring myself to speed 600 bucks on it. Ever since I mostly quit using RF-X I don't need more power than my GTX 1080 gives me. Of course as it gets older the fan will fail so I always figured I'd buy the RTX 4070 when it was released.

Back