Bowers Fly Baby Float

Well like normal I went back and tweaked the prop a little. The inside narrow area of the prop where it meets the hub was a little too long so I shorted it. It needs to be there when using a spinner but I had it a little too long. Anyway I think it looks better now. I may play with a prop disk since @asj5547 taught me how to make them. I'm not sure it needs it but I thought I'd play with it to see.

Techair Black Scale 09 TS.adj.jpg

I added the prop disk but I didn't see a big change, but it's there so I'll probably leave it. I need to remap the prop because I changed the shape a little, but that's not much so I'm nearly done. No body's commented on flying the float version so I guess it fly's okay.

Last edited:
I went back and remapped the prop since I had changed the shape a little so I'm done with it. I have a tweak or two I want to do to the physics and then I should be done with the plane. I'm not sure how I'll do the re-release of the Bowers Fly Baby Bipe I may end up releasing both the Bipe and the Float at the same time.

Very nice looking prop. Tech I have a question. You seem to be pretty good at making props. The 3D planes that people fly on Real flight, most people like to use the Mejzlik Carbon Fiber Narrow prop on everything, and in all the testing I have done it is not a very good prop. It is extremely inefficient and slips a lot. It looks very nice on the planes though. My favorite props to use for the 3D planes are the Zinger Scale Wood or the Zinger Standard Wood. they are very efficient and responsive. Could you create a prop to have the same performance as the Zinger's but look like the carbon fiber prop. Talking in the future some time? :unsure: ;)
Is this what you're looking for? This is just a start I reworked the shape of the prop I just made. The finished prop will be carbon fiber without the tip stripe.

Techair Carbon Fiber 02.jpg

Technoid, this is a pic of the Mejzlik carbon fiber narrow prop that is available in all the props to choose from in the editing section on realflight. I just stuck it on the front of your T-28B just so you could see what the texture or pattern looks like. Hope this helps. The shape of the blade you have looks GREAT!! I also did not expect you to do anything so soon but wow thanks!

Attachments

• 20230612_145958.jpg
    20230612_145958.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Here's something I found but I probably need to lighten it up a bit. I did capture a close up of that prop from the RF Editor but there isn't enough texture to cover the prop I'm making. I needed a break from what I was doing so I thought I'd work on this prop some.

Techair Carbon Fiber 03.jpg

Looks pretty good. Not to get picky but most carbon fiber props have the pattern running leading edge to trailing edge and hub to tip for strength.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. Not to get picky but most carbon fiber props have the pattern running leading edge to trailing edge and hub to tip for strength.
I didn't care for it either after I seen it. But I like to show progress.

BUT. Here's what I did.

1. I took the largest picture I could of the center of the Mejzlik prop in the RF Editor.
2. I cut out the widest and tallest portion I could get.
3. I used that to create a new texture by putting it end to end several times.
4. I copied the long texture and doubled the width of it.
5. I used the new large texture for the prop.

So the prop is using the actual texture that's on the prop in RealFlight.

Here's a picture of what I ended up with. I'm not sure about the yellow yet. Do you like it? I also need to work on the hub texture a little more. And maybe make the Techair logo a little smaller.

Techair Carbon Fiber 04.jpg

Last edited:
I think it looks pretty darn good👍. Question 🤔? What performance characteristics do you think this prop of yours will be similar to? And yes I'm not to sure about the yellow either. The name Techair Carbon would be neat. What do you think?

Last edited:
I think it looks pretty darn good👍. Question 🤔? What performance characteristics do you think this prop of yours will be similar to? And yes I'm not to sure about the yellow either. The name Techair Carbon would be neat. What do you think?
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Here's a picture that shows both of them so you can compare. When you import a prop you can select the physics for any of the props you have installed so you wanted one of the Zingers so that's what I'll pick and then the performance will be exactly the same. I use the Zinger Scale Wood on the Fly Baby so is that what you want this prop to use? And is there a difference between the two Zingers? I can choose either. And Techair Carbon is what I was planning to use. I think I need to move the Techair logo in a little bit and maybe a bit smaller. And I think I'll work on the top right of the blade a little the real one seems a tiny bit thicker. (taller)

Mejzlik Carbon Fiber Compare.jpg

Man that looks good! The Zinger scale wood will work just fine for this. And yes, there is a slight difference in the 2 props. The Zinger standard has a little more grunt or pull than the Zinger scale but sometimes it's too much and adjusting the power curve sometimes isn't as smooth as the Zinger scale wood. So yes, go ahead and use the Zinger scale wood. Thanks Tech!!!! ;)

Man that looks good! The Zinger scale wood will work just fine for this. And yes, there is a slight difference in the 2 props. The Zinger standard has a little more grunt or pull than the Zinger scale but sometimes it's too much and adjusting the power curve sometimes isn't as smooth as the Zinger scale wood. So yes, go ahead and use the Zinger scale wood. Thanks Tech!!!! ;)
What plane do you want me to create an AV for so you can import the new prop? One of the stock planes?

I need to do some trial and error stuff to size the hub so this prop will fit properly. I have to size it and import it and look and then go back and resize and import again. As far as I know there's no way to get those measurements. So I'll have to play with it for a while.

@rcdoski Question.. Do you always use a spinner that covers the hub?

The reason for the question is the outside edge of the hub as it goes around isn't mapped separately so the carbon fiber texture is more of a streak on the edge of the hub and doesn't look as good as the other parts. I'll post a picture so you can see what I mean.

Back