Bowers Fly Baby Float

Well like normal I messed up I need to finalize the prop. I meant to cutout the prop outline in the tga but it didn't need to be done until I finished it, and of course I forgot to do it. SO.. If you downloaded it please post you got it so I know who got the bad file. The prop is fine but the prop outline in the color scheme tga was never cutout properly. Duh.. like normal I messed up. I'll fix it and post another AV with it in it. PLEASE delete the one you downloaded so there won't be more than one version of the prop going around. SORRY GUYS !

I'm beat tonight so I'll do it tomorrow morning and upload a new AV.

I uploaded a PX-51 TC_AV yesterday with the new prop I created for @rcdoski but there was an error in the props color scheme so I deleted it. I fixed the error so here's a new version of the PX-51 TC_AV for you. If you downloaded the first version PLEASE DELETE it and download the new version and import it to fix the error so you have the final prop. When you import the AV be sure to choose overwrite and check the overwrite all box so all the propeller files will get updated with the final version. Sorry about that.

Techair Carbon 19.jpg

Attachments

• PX-51 TC_AV.RFX
    392.9 KB · Views: 6
Got it Tech. And I made sure the first one was deleted. Thank you for all the work you have done on this. Don't worry about the oops, we all do it. At least you caught it right away. And again, I can't thank you enough. I think you did great! (y)

Got it Tech. And I made sure the first one was deleted. Thank you for all the work you have done on this. Don't worry about the oops, we all do it. At least you caught it right away. And again, I can't thank you enough. I think you did great! (y)
No problem I had fun creating the prop for you and even learned I needed to add one more step when I create props. I think the prop turned out very nice so have fun using it.

I'm sorry for dragging you away from what this forum is actually intended for, the Bowers Fly Baby Float. But I figured it's your forum and you can do what you want to do. You do really good work Tech don't ever stop. Yes, now finish this plane. ;)

I'm sorry for dragging you away from what this forum is actually intended for, the Bowers Fly Baby Float. But I figured it's your forum and you can do what you want to do. You do really good work Tech don't ever stop. Yes, now finish this plane. ;)
Well, I needed a break from the Fly Baby after doing three versions of it. And it was a fun little project.

I just re-released the Bowers Fly Baby Bipe and will release the Bowers Fly Baby Float version soon. But I need to add something to the prop I made for it that I realized needed to be there when I did the Carbon Fiber prop for @rcdoski. So it might be next weekend before I do it.

Again thanks Technoid. Well, I couldn't resist Your new prop is out and on swap pages. I've been wanting to do this one for a while. Hope you like it. ;)

I started working on the prop I made for the float version this morning and what is the first thing I did, reshape it again. It never changes, give me a minute off of a project and I'll redo it when I get back to it.

After I spent all that time creating a new prop for the float version I didn't like it as well as the first one I created, so I'll go back to it. But I still need to fill out the area around the hub like I did on the carbon version for @rcdoski. That definitely makes the prop look better if you don't use a spinner that covers up the hub. So I wasted my time with the new prop, oh well maybe I'll use it later on something else.

I finished the rework I needed to do on the prop to shape the hub so now I need to import it. But right now it's time to cook something to eat so that will have to wait. But at least I'm nearly there. I think that's the last thing I need to do I think I was finished except for that when I stopped working on it. So it should be ready to go soon.

I imported the finished prop tonight and everything looks okay. I'll fly it a little more to make sure but everything seems okay. The only thing I need to do is save the physics with the new prop. I save copies of the physics as I change stuff. I plan to release it this weekend. The float version is pretty cool. (thanks doug)

I've been testing the float version and found a problem I need to fix. I have lots to do these days around the house so I don't spend as much time as I used to on the plane. The problem is the prop hub thickness. I fixed it when I created the carbon version but forgot to transfer the changes to the prop I was doing for the float version, so I need to fix that before I release it. So maybe not this weekend.

I thought I'd work a little smarter this time. What I did was export the prop hub from the Techair Carbon and then import that Hub into the Techair Classic (float prop) that way I didn't have to worry about resizing it since it was already done. I still had to adjust the prop blade thickness to match the new hub but that was pretty easy. So it looks like things are going to work out. Now I need to recheck the pivot points and create the CCW version of the blade but this saved me a lot of time. But now it's time to quit and go grocery shopping.

Back