BUG: Screen resolution problem, only in .021

Basildane

I just upgraded from 6.0.19 to 6.0.21.
My screen resolution is 1920x1080.

Looks great in window mode, in full screen mode the resolution drops.
It appears as if all text objects where drawn by a child with a crayon, unreadable.

Go back to window mode and everything is crisp and perfect. My graphics config in settings is correct.

Radeon 6917 graphics card.

This worked perfectly on versions below 21, only broke today when I updated.

Try upgrading to the latest beta version. Follow this Link to get the beta. Maybe it will fix the issue.

Did your Full Screen settings get reset perhaps?
No problems here at 1080p full-screen settings.

What are you showing?

Attachments

• Settings.JPG
    Settings.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 18
  • ScreenShot1322068647.jpg
    ScreenShot1322068647.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 18
Looks like his "bug" is his not setting the resolution inside of RF, as phrank posted.

I'm now on .026. No change in the problem.

And thanks for responding.
P.S. I'm a software developer / comp expert, anything you need from me for debugging purposes, I am at your disposal.

I just want to know why so many people say they're software developers/IT experts, and have so many problems I've never seen. You are far from the only one. I'm just a dumb lineman, and the problems you guys run into makes me wonder how I got so lucky.

Ignorance is bliss!!

jeffpn said:
I just want to know why so many people say they're software developers/IT experts, and have so many problems I've never seen. You are far from the only one. I'm just a dumb lineman, and the problems you guys run into makes me wonder how I got so lucky.

Ignorance is bliss!!

I'm an expert at networking in SS7 and IP routing protocols. There are other protocols I'm knowledgeable in as well. None of which really has anything to do with RC flight simulators. I'm just a dumb SS7 Engineer, but if you have a Tekelec STP located inside your home, I'm your man.

Basildane said:
Is that supposed to be aimed at me?
Did you read this comment?

Let the insults begin...

Is it possible maybe your graphics card settings are overriding the Realflight program settings? I know there are options for letting programs define settings as well as overriding program settings. It's just a shot in the dark here for me since I'm not at my home PC, but I'm trying to help.

Here is the windowed mode:

windowmode.png

Here is full screen mode:

fullscreen.png

Notice the trails behind the window in full screen mode. It is not painting the window correctly.

mwilson914 said:
Is it possible maybe your graphics card settings are overriding the Realflight program settings? I know there are options for letting programs define settings as well as overriding program settings. It's just a shot in the dark here for me since I'm not at my home PC, but I'm trying to help.

I am checking that....
Strange though, it ONLY has a problem with RealFlight...

Basildane said:
P.S. I'm a software developer / comp expert, anything you need from me for debugging purposes, I am at your disposal.
LOL.........yet you come here for debugging and help from lesser mortals :confused:

Its not a bug if you're the only one effected .....as a computer expert :rolleyes: you should know that

Attachments

• fgf.jpg
    fgf.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 47
Interesting.
I see the window re-draw trails, but the Navguide text is still crisp.

Why .png files? Are you on a Mac?

Attachments

• Settings2.jpg
    Settings2.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 8
Maj. Numbskully said:
LOL.........yet you come here for debugging and help from lesser mortals :confused:

Its not a bug if you're the only one effected .....as a computer expert :rolleyes: you should know that

You are confused because I was telling REALFLIGHT engineers that I was at their disposal, not you.

Can you go to your installation folder and right click both the Launcher6.exe and the RealFlight.exe and verify that no compatibility settings are checked?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 9
Boof69 said:
Can you go to your installation folder and right click both the Launcher6.exe and the RealFlight.exe and verify that no compatibility settings are checked?

Confirmed they are not checked.

I'm sure you have already, but have you unchecked the first two options in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center? These settings will crisp it up a bit.
I run 2 5870s in crossfire and I preffer to run in windowed mode. I have always thought it looks crisper. For many versions back as well.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 11
Back