BUG: Screen resolution problem, only in .021

I've been checking my own full screen view out since I also use ATI Radeon cards. Every photo field I selected looked just fine in full screen, but the 3D fields looked washed out, stretched, and lower DPI. Phrank's screen is of a photofield and it looks fine. I wonder if your 3d fields look as good phrank.
@Basildane do your photofields look better?

Last edited:
Basildane, just to be clear, you are not having a discussion with RF engineers. These forums were set up for RF customers to talk RF with other customers. It is other customers who are responding to you. The forums have never been a means of obtaining software support from the distributor. Their contact information is here. http://gpsoftware.com/contacts.htm

Boof69 said:
I'm sure you have already, but have you unchecked the first two options in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center? These settings will crisp it up a bit.
I run 2 5870s in crossfire and I preffer to run in windowed mode. I have always thought it looks crisper. For many versions back as well.

Hi !

Turn off the Morphological Filtering. This feature definetly sucks. Looks weird if you turn it on.

Thats your problem for sure.

maxx

Nothing unusual here either on a 3D field, fullscreen 1080p.
Was doing some propwash studies with this foamy, looks terrific, no lo-res either on Navguide or Green text on lower left.

It's those crappy ATI boards you guys are using! :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot1322077566.jpg
    ScreenShot1322077566.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 13
maxx2504 said:
Hi !

Turn off the Morphological Filtering. This feature definetly sucks. Looks weird if you turn it on.

Thats your problem for sure.

maxx
Darn straight! That did it for me. The 3d fields look sharp and clean now. Thanks maxx.

jeffpn said:
Basildane, just to be clear, you are not having a discussion with RF engineers. These forums were set up for RF customers to belittle other RF customers to make themselves feel better about their lots in life. Most of them have received RF for free which they feel entitles them to some kind of "God" status. You're far better off calling GP Software support or asking on a REAL forum which isn't populated by these pathetic excuses for human beings.

Fixed for you.

Boof69 said:
I'm sure you have already, but have you unchecked the first two options in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center? These settings will crisp it up a bit.
I run 2 5870s in crossfire and I preffer to run in windowed mode. I have always thought it looks crisper. For many versions back as well.

BAMM! You are right on! That fixed it.

Somehow the updater program changed that setting (I didn't change it..)
Thanks very much for sharing that setting.

And thanks to everyone else for the help too.
Back to flying.

Basildane this is not aimed at you, but is oriented to the more "knuckle-headed" self professed "experts" who are typically those who make the silly assumptions that THEY have everything "right" because they know better.... ( cough * irdabrit * cough )

Here's yet another example in this thread....

All too often the belief that one is technologically infallible, leads to some of the dumbest mistakes and/or assertions...

-------------

A bug this was not.

Last edited:
Back