C-130 Project

crashed again

Ok, here is the plan;
I have the physical model done.
It has retracts, flaps and a working cargo door.
Blade Scraper is working the physics end as we speak(thanks) :D
The texture map is in the works...
may have it done by this weekend?
crashed

Attachments

• my130-2.jpg
    my130-2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 103
  • my130.jpg
    my130.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 69
Blade Scraper said:
Hey,send me a new EA,i'm having probs with the one i had,send me the one you have in the picture,the EA i have tips over on the ground for no reason. :confused:
I flew the edited version i did,flew great!
could be the meshes i had to put on, over limit on the poly's!
the newer version(cleaner looking, same size) seems to be able to sit level on the ground!
i will have it to you soon....
crashed

Hey... Lookin' Good.

This will give me something else to give a Coast Guard color scheme (I did the USCG paint on the Agusta for Expansion Pack 3).

Keep 'em coming...

Dave

Blade Scraper said:
Are you going to post here? Since that virus poo with the emails?
relax man, it will be there..
i am still working on "pretty", so soon.
i have this problem stopping me from finishing it, i call it work!
here is a "progress report" from today.
moor in the morning when i get home from work.....
crashed

Attachments

• 130 2007 06 21.jpg
    130 2007 06 21.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 71
Blade Scraper said:
Oh,i'm sorry,i thought you already had it done :eek:
Also a good thing to bring up,the main wing should be made of 2 components
When i was editing the Visual wind didn't match the physical wong,so i had to add a inner wing and then added the outer wing.;)
Can you also do a version with turbo prop engines? really all you need to do is add the exaust pipes to the out side.
i believe the wing was two pieces, but no way to know for sure now, the file has been oversaved many times.
the turbo should be no problem, are you asking for the "scale" exhaust stacks under the cowls?
i thought i was done to, then you see the little seams that will bug the @$&**( out of you until you fix them, and for me that usualy leads to a complete rebuild of that component.
more progress tomorrow.
crashed

ok, moor issues...
i changed the sg doors to better resemble the real thing, and now i am over limit on poly's.
the real problem i am having is understanding why 3dsmax more than doubles the poly count when it imports from wings?
anyone have any idea why, or how to fix it?
the screen dhots are of the same part, selected in both programs to show poly count. :confused: :confused: :confused:
anyone with any ideas, please!
crashed

Attachments

• WING130.jpg
    WING130.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 28
  • MAX130.jpg
    MAX130.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 45
ok, i figured it out. amazing what some sleep will do for you!
when the objects are imported into max, they are turned from poly objects to mesh objects, which adds a ton of poly's to "round" objects.
if you just convert them back to editable poly objects, the total poly count goes back to normal :D
crashed

to the swap pages we go

well, here she is...
flaps, retracts and a "working cargo door"(works with gear).
went with the raf colours thanks to nemouk and inky00 for the help in learning retracts and PROPPER naming of things ;)
it runs with 4x 4stroke, kinda slow and lazy, it should be!
crashed

Attachments

• dave;s scheem.jpg
    dave;s scheem.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 39
Blade Scraper said:
Great work!! Are you going to send me the EA? Or did some one else finish the physics?
the ea is on the swaps, i "finished" the physics...
could use some help i think.....
crashed

Great Model :)

Just one thing I think you should change, the back door should have its own servo, possibly using the top left switch.

Also can you make a colorscheme that shows the plane's outline, so I can make my own colorscheme (like a coast guard colorscheme).

Or,
rocketodd

Last edited:
rocketodd said:
Great Model :)

Just one thing I think you should change, the back door should have its own servo, possibly using the top left switch.

Also can you make a colorscheme that shows the plane's outline, so I can make my own colorscheme (like a coast guard colorscheme).

Or,
rocketodd
i sort of planed it that way, but let it out on the swaps prior to getting that door done :eek:
i have the original uvw line map, and would be happy to send you a copy, or post it HERE ;)
thanks for the kind words.
crashed
EDIT!!!!
the sections at the top are for: (left to right) gears/spinners(chrome), nose, light(not working correctly?), nose and windows.
this is the original map, so you should be able to do what you want.
crashed

Attachments

• 130-H-blank.jpg
    130-H-blank.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Thanks crashed again

Can you please post the the original uvw line map? :)

So are you going to modify the back door? ;)

Or,
rocketodd

rocketodd said:
Thanks crashed again

Can you please post the the original uvw line map? :)

that jpeg is the "map" the plane was colored from, i am lost as to what else you need.

So are you going to modify the back door? ;)
not sure, i have other projects going right now, but i probably will.
crashed
Or,
rocketodd
that jpeg is the "map" the plane was colored from, i am lost as to what else you need.
not sure, i have other projects going right now, but i probably will.
crashed

crashed again said:
i sort of planed it that way, but let it out on the swaps prior to getting that door done :eek:
i have the original uvw line map, and would be happy to send you a copy, or post it HERE ;)
thanks for the kind words.
crashed
EDIT!!!!
the sections at the top are for: (left to right) gears/spinners(chrome), nose, light(not working correctly?), nose and windows.
this is the original map, so you should be able to do what you want.
crashed

Crashed,
Thanks for posting this, it makes doing schemes much easier, now i can finish the Blue_angel _c-130, I was pulling my hair out trying to find that cargo door & pods in the camo scheme :) :) :) :) Very realistic looking model in the air , nice touch with the smoke, just the right amount.

Nice job.

Brentg

Progress so far --- Blue angels scheme below.

Attachments

• blue_angel1.jpg
    blue_angel1.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Blue_angel2.jpg
    Blue_angel2.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 24
Back