Can next RealFlight include 3D graphics?

Got a New System and installed Realflight from the stock CD (G3 pre Heli)
Love the 3D red blue effect, gota get some Proper fitting glasses, lol, holding the kidie ones to my face is making flying a bit hard.
attachment.php

Attachments

• ss3.jpg
    ss3.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 66
Pulling 3-D together for RF

This thread "Can next RealFlight include 3D graphics? "was posted in the G5/G5.5 forum.

Goofy question I know - can one safely assume RF6 (G6) and all future releases will support 3-D?

3-D Viewing

Its not a cheap avenue to travel down. Upgrading is likely to be more expensive than just outright new. Depends on your market research ability + who you know that can help you. Lots of sources on Mr. Google.

From what I can figure out - you need:

Pretty robust PC
3D graphics card
3D Monitor (120hz) + Glasses OR 3-D (No Glasses needed) Monitor

Here's a quick DIY look at 3D Setup.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how-to/tv/4318166

Glasses Kits
Nvidia 3-D Vision 2 942-11431-0007-001
Nivida $150
Amazon $132
Sears $129
OverStock $125

Monitors
You can blow $1000 + on these things.

Requires 3-D Glasses
Acer GD235HZbid Widescreen 23.5” 3D LCD Display $319
LG 23" Widescreen Cinema LCD LED Backlight 3D Monitor $300 (Staples)
LG D2342P-PN Black 23"- Glasses included $270 (NewEgg)
Viewsonic - V3D231 23" - Glasses included $305 (BestBuy)
LG - 23" 3D Widescreen Flat-Panel LED - Glasses included $250 (BestBuy)

Monitors that do NOT require glasses
ASUS VG236H 23-Inch 120 Hz 3D Ready Panel Monitor with nVidia 3D Vision Kit - Black $429 (Amazon)

TRACK-IR
I have heard this was designed from the ground up for Flight Simulator X from Microsoft and that other programs like X-Plane followed the model and added this feature. Reading the posts in this thread - I do get the impression that RF totally supports this.

How many model currently available from KnifeEdge and on the SwapPages actually have a cockpit where this would be useful?

For those that don't, how useful would this be for the nose camera view?

TRACKIR 5 by NATURAL POINT - Premium head tracking
TRACKIR - $150
Amazon $150
eBay $140
PC Aviator $150

I am sure that with a little more researc (if you do - please share) you can find even better prices.

Links:
Nivida: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-main.html
Track IR: http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/products/trackir5/

For anyone that is interested, you DO NOT need the 3D Vision kit NOR a 3D capable monitor for anaglyph 3D.

However I quickly tire of the red/green glasses so I prefer the 3D vision.

A few months ago I purchased a 27" 3D Samsung computer monitor. It came with the glasses but no USB "pyramid".

The documentation seemed to indicate that you STILL had to purchase the Nvidia stereovision kit to get 3D, bummer...

Lo and behold the transmitter is built into the monitor, and the kicker to that is the Nvidia card communicates with the monitor/Stereovision over the HDMI cable!

Very cool.

I didn't realize this until I unplugged the 3D transmitter "pyramid" while using Realflight, and I still had 3D stereovision working just fine.

No extra cables to run, nor strange connections. You just enable 3D and go.

Nvidia really got this right.

"Monitors that do NOT require glasses
ASUS VG236H 23-Inch 120 Hz 3D Ready Panel Monitor with nVidia 3D Vision Kit - Black $429 (Amazon)"

Now where can I get a 50-60" version of that CHEAP!

For anyone that is interested, you DO NOT need the 3D Vision kit NOR a 3D capable monitor for anaglyph 3D.

However I quickly tire of the red/green glasses so I prefer the 3D vision.

A few months ago I purchased a 27" 3D Samsung computer monitor. It came with the glasses but no USB "pyramid".

The documentation seemed to indicate that you STILL had to purchase the Nvidia stereovision kit to get 3D, bummer...

Lo and behold the transmitter is built into the monitor, and the kicker to that is the Nvidia card communicates with the monitor/Stereovision over the HDMI cable!

Very cool.

I didn't realize this until I unplugged the 3D transmitter "pyramid" while using Realflight, and I still had 3D stereovision working just fine.

No extra cables to run, nor strange connections. You just enable 3D and go.

Nvidia really got this right.

What's a USB Pyramid?

Back