Can't download any aircrafts on 9.5

Footfungus

Every time I try to download and aircraft I get this message:
Security settings does not allow the download.
I have allowed it in my firewall settings and I don't have any anti-virus programs other than Malwarebytes and I've also looked in there to allow it.I had RealFlight 6.5 prior to this and did not have any problems downloading anything...
I'm stumped!

I have 9.5 and Malwarebytes and have no problem downloading aircraft. It must be some other setting in your computer rather than the game program. I'm also playing through Steam rather than a disc, But that shouldn't matter.

I've never seen that exact message, so I'm just guessing.
1) It's not MalwareBytes. The message wouldn't be worded that way.
2) You're probabaly trying to download into the RF program directory. Windows security won't allow writing into the "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" directories.

So how do I go about downloading into another download file? or how do I tell windows where to download to?
Have you looked into/at your "downloads" file, I have windows, and all of my "downloads" go into a file that is automatically created once you download anything.

yes having the same problem, says virus detected and wont down load in to anything!.. wanted to fly the Vulcan bomber on here too!...

So how do I go about downloading into another download file? or how do I tell windows where to download to?
Point at the Download link and your cursor should change to a Hand Cursor then Right-Click and in the Pop-Up Menu choose "Save Link As". Then a Save As dialog box will allow you to navigate to where you want to save the file.

Have you looked into/at your "downloads" file, I have windows, and all of my "downloads" go into a file that is automatically created once you download anything.
Yes,that is my default download file I normally down load into that file on everything I down load.

Point at the Download link and your cursor should change to a Hand Cursor then Right-Click and in the Pop-Up Menu choose "Save Link As". Then a Save As dialog box will allow you to navigate to where you want to save the file.

I did "Exactly" what you wrote,it's still not allowing me to do so.I have downloaded so many times and have never had this problem ever.

Footfungus, are you sure that you`re not confusing "downloading" with "importing", I think chances are that the model you "downloaded" is the model you`re trying to "import" it into RF. You state that you`ve got a file for planes/models that you`ve "downloaded". SO, are you trying to "import" them into RF

Footfungus, are you sure that you`re not confusing "downloading" with "importing", I think chances are that the model you "downloaded" is the model you`re trying to "import" it into RF. You state that you`ve got a file for planes/models that you`ve "downloaded". SO, are you trying to "import" them into RF
As I've stated on my previous post,"I've downloaded so many times and have never had this problem" that was when I had RealFlight 3.5,5.5 and 6.5 now that I have 9.5 I was having problems.So yes,i know how to download and import "Once" I download the file I want and I do know the difference between the two.How and why would I attempt to import when I can't download what I want first? Anyway,i've talked to a friend who works as an IT and he showed me a way to get around it and it now works for me, so Uncle Twist I can now "Import" to Realflight 9.5 with the files I've successfully "Downloaded".

Didn`t mean to insult you Ff. It states that you`re a "new member" under your avatar, WHO often get confused with how to download and import aircraft. I figured you probably knew what you were doing, just wanted to confirm, sorry I tried to help, Here, have a few cold ???`s, they`re on me... :):);), OH, glad you got it figured out, to bad you have to do a "workaroud", doesn`t make sense.

:giggle:
Didn`t mean to insult you Ff. It states that you`re a "new member" under your avatar, WHO often get confused with how to download and import aircraft. I figured you probably knew what you were doing, just wanted to confirm, sorry I tried to help, Here, have a few cold ???`s, they`re on me... :):);), OH, glad you got it figured out, to bad you have to do a "workaroud", doesn`t make sense.
No problem bud...(y)

How about sharing the trick? If there's a systemic problem with steam or with the swap pages, other users might like to know.
Yeah,what he told me to do was...
Get on the swap page as I normally would in the past from the simulator,then whatever I chose to download copy the url address at the top then exit out of the swap page.Go onto your regular internet browser and paste the url address,it will then be able to download from there to your usual download folder.I know...PAIN IN THE A$$ but it works and that is the process "For Me" everytime I want to download every file that I want.
I still don't know why I can't download as usual like in the past,i've checked off my "Firewall settings" (allowed)my Malware protector (turned on and off),rebooted the whole computer etc,etc,etc...

Last edited:
??? That doesn't make any sense. Steam and RF itself have nothing to do with actually downloading new aircraft. You DON'T need to start the process while running RF or Steam. There's NO cut/paste url's necessary. RF can only import aircraft that have already been downloaded - it doesn't DO the download. The download is done in your browser... right here in the message board under "Swap Pages" at the top. Select the file you want. Download it into a location you can find - the default download directory works great. THEN run RF. Unless steam does it differently from RF8: click on Simulation..Import..Realflight Archive..select the file you just downloaded. Using the aircraft menu, select the aircraft you just imported. Fly. Only the import is done inside RF, not the download. I've been running RF2 through RF8, and it's always been done exactly the same way. And unless I've missed something, RF9.5S should do it the same way, too.
I've owned RF2,RF3,RF5,RF7,& RF8. I tried RFX, but had to settle for RF8 when it didn't work for me. I'll probably wait for the next version of RF before I upgrade again.

Last edited:
??? That doesn't make any sense. Steam and RF itself have nothing to do with actually downloading new aircraft. You DON'T need to start the process while running RF or Steam. There's NO cut/paste url's necessary. RF can only import aircraft that have already been downloaded - it doesn't DO the download. The download is done in your browser... right here in the message board under "Swap Pages" at the top. Select the file you want. Download it into a location you can find - the default download directory works great. THEN run RF. Unless steam does it differently from RF8: click on Simulation..Import..Realflight Archive..select the file you just downloaded. Using the aircraft menu, select the aircraft you just imported. Fly. Only the import is done inside RF, not the download. I've been running RF2 through RF8, and it's always been done exactly the same way. And unless I've missed something, RF9.5S should do it the same way, too.
I've owned RF2,RF3,RF5,RF7,& RF8. I tried RFX, but had to settle for RF8 when it didn't work for me. I'll probably wait for the next version of RF before I upgrade again.
You asked...How about sharing the info and I did and that's what "WORKED" for me.But yet your "Bitching" and moaning of what I had to do to make it work and yes I've also owned RF 3.5 ,6.5 and now 9.5
3.5 and 6.5 "I've always down loaded" through RealFlight in the past,(that's why I was baffled about it on 9.5).
Anyway,i shared what you asked for and you can now cease the "Bitching and Moaning".I guess some people just need to grow up and outgrow their sniveling...
Boo Hoo...LMFAO!

You asked...How about sharing the info and I did and that's what "WORKED" for me.But yet your "Bitching" and moaning of what I had to do to make it work and yes I've also owned RF 3.5 ,6.5 and now 9.5
3.5 and 6.5 "I've always down loaded" through RealFlight in the past,(that's why I was baffled about it on 9.5).
Anyway,i shared what you asked for and you can now cease the "Bitching and Moaning".I guess some people just need to grow up and outgrow their sniveling...
Boo Hoo...LMFAO!

Well that was uncalled for, wonder how quick anybody will try and help you again.

"I've always down loaded" through RealFlight in the past
OK. Show me EXACTLY the command or menu option built into any version of RF (not your browser) that actually downloads an aircraft file. Show me a screen shot. And don't try to claim that importing the file from your HD is downloading it. Also, please prove that ANYTHING in that post is untrue.

Do those things & I'll gladly post a public apology. If you can't do that, I'll expect the same.
OH, I hadn't noticed your user name. It looks like a very accurate description to me!

Thanks, Rc51dude

Last edited:
Back