Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

OK, here's another of my dumb questions. Are the aerodynamics & flight characteristics actually based on the wing & control surface areas, weights, thrust, & etc. of the car? Or is it a completely different model whose graphic representation in the sim just looks like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? I can't imagine a way that thing could actually fly. Then again, I can't really imagine a flying lawnmower, either. But I know the flying lawnmower is real. And bumble bees aren't supposed to be able to fly, either. But they do.

OK, here's another of my dumb questions. Are the aerodynamics & flight characteristics actually based on the wing & control surface areas, weights, thrust, & etc. of the car? Or is it a completely different model whose graphic representation in the sim just looks like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? I can't imagine a way that thing could actually fly. Then again, I can't really imagine a flying lawnmower, either. But I know the flying lawnmower is real. And bumble bees aren't supposed to be able to fly, either. But they do.
That's such an intriguing question, bill. I am betting that asj probably didn't actually model the physics based on the visual model, because, as you say, it flies so well. and I agree that, if if it were a real, physical aircraft, it couldn't fly with those wings and that propeller... not without a good dose of magic.🪄 😄

I've seen (pictures of) an actual flying lawn mower, and although it is a real RC aircraft, it is not an actual lawn mower, as you probably know already.

yeah but he also could have meant that he photoshopped them onto a screenshot of the model. 🤔
To show the light lens in 3dsmax I still have to map the model and make the tga file, then apply the tga to the model in max to see the effect, here are a couple of screenshots in max, that way we can see the result before we export out of max and import into RF.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-20 021432.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-20 021432.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot 2022-08-20.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-20.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 14
To show the light lens in 3dsmax I still have to map the model and make the tga file, then apply the tga to the model in max to see the effect, here are a couple of screenshots in max, that way we can see the result before we export out of max and import into RF.
okay I get it. A large part of my confusion was probably from the popular notion of "photoshopping," where someone takes an existing image and manipulates it in some way. 😊

... and now that I think about it, I realize that that's exactly what you did with the TGA. 😂

Back