Couple of my models for you all

gymo

Hi All

I'm putting my models on this site so you can give them a try

My site

I've still got some work to do on these ones but they are very flyable as they are..

feedback, good or bad, most welcome :)

Nigel

new variants of the shock flyer and the x-ufo are now on the site
due to a texture proble the files sizes were alot bigger than they needed to be also new flight dynamics have been added to the shock flyer to make it more realistic.

Last edited:

Would it be possible to get some installation help? I don’t know where all the files should go :confused:

pbm77

first off make sure you have the latest beta build .426

you can place the files anyware on your pc,

then in the simulator click Simulation --> Import --> G3X, this will bring up an open dialouge , from here browse for the file you downloaded and click open

you should get a message at the bottom of the screen saying that the import was successful, you can now select the aircraft from your plane list (first time you select it there will be a delay as it builds the collision meshes

Nigel

Hmmm, yes this works with a couple of other planes I have downloaded, but yours come as a zip file (ShockFlyer.G3x.Zip) with 7 files in it (colorscheme, tag, KEX, Plng3 etc.), and when I use the importer it don’t show either the zip or any of the files in the zip map?!

Have I done something wrong??

Really looking forward to try the ShockFlyer

Thanks
Peter Madsen

Ahh, got it now. It was because the file type (on the “save file screen”) was WinZip and not all files. It’s working now :)

Thanks for making these fantastic planes for us :D

lol started to reply to the last post and lost my connection :)
nevermind

i'm all to happy to make them, during the next week i'll finish my others, they are basicly done its just the files are not the tidyest and the textures need tarting up :D

Nigel

please let me know of improvements/ alterations i should make to them..

Too bad. I have been looking for a flat profile type plane to fly but I can not get yours to work. It comes to me as a zipped/compressed file. I click on open and another window comes up saying windows can not open this file etc etc etc .

sorry it seems to be a problem with not zipping the files

as the file format .g3x is not known by windows it persumes its a zip file..

on the site they are not compressed but that will be updated tonight

untill then try this link for the shockflyer Shokie

Nigel

edit: sorry posted too soon the file wasnt uploaded yet, try now..

Last edited:
Hi Nigel,

Great job on the UFO & shockflyer. Any ideas why the files are so large ? When you export the .KEX files how big are they? The Katana Mini.G3X is only 1.3 MB and Rick's Extra 330's is 2.3 MB :confused:

regards,

Tony.

The planes installed fine for me. As the post above says, unzip the file before importing it. Oh and nice job on the planes.

Jim

Nemo: i have no idea wht they are coming out at these sizes, actually it might be the texture file, not checked yet. but i did think they were a little big and after seeing yours i'm going to look into mine further..
edit: the kex files for the shokie and xufo are 40kb and 1.4mb :confused:

it seems that hosting the files in there native format G3X is causing the problems, different pc are treating them differently. give me an hour or so and i'll update them so that they all WILL need to be unzipped :eek:

opjose; thanks, she is, although i've just got home and she has torn up the kitchen :(

Nigel

Last edited:
Hi Nigel,

Most of the stuff I have done uses one texture 2048 x 2048 pixels. Whats the polygon count on your models ?

BTW the ufo is a hit ... eat your heart out Tim Burton

Attachments

• ufo.jpg
    ufo.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
glad people like it, i've been remodeling it from my own now compleatly dimantled one :D so more updates will follow

my textures are the same and at the same dimensions :confused: and my poly count is very low, last time i checked it thay were both under 2000 i belive the limit is nearer 14000, as soon as i get back on the pc i'll double check.

by tomorrow there will be some big updates to the shock flyer, thanks to breakstuff5050 it has tweaked flight dynamics which i can say are awsome compared to my attemped :)

included a pic of the little shokie meet we had earlier today :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot1139673968.jpg
    ScreenShot1139673968.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
hey gymo, according to the failure notice i got you havent received the files for the shocky yet, did it make it? If not, how should i send them to you?

Hi Break

not sure whats happening with all the failures but i did get a copy from you in the end, have had a quick play and its supurb much better to fly, thanks..

it will be on the site within the hour :)

Nigel

Nemo: noticed that if you add the .zip extension to the end of a g3x file it will open in explorer and can see the contents, it was my textures that made the file so big 12mb for the shokie :eek:

just updated them both now, should be ok

edit: sorted the problem 32bit tga's are rather large, shokie is now down to 2.5mb :)

Last edited:
I would also recommend you try my big katana, i think it kicks a**, but if you set the smoke to at least the high level, it looks amazing in a hover once its halfway buried in smoke!

Back