Couple of my models for you all

Breakstuff

were can i get the big katana or can you send it through :) any new planes sit well with me..

the updated shokie is now on the site, file size is alot smaller

Nigel

My site

new variants of the shock flyer and the x-ufo are now on the site
due to a texture problem the files sizes were alot bigger than they needed to be, also new flight dynamics have been added to the shock flyer to make it more realistic.

Last edited:
Hi Breakstuff

I would like to try your big katana (it looked fantastic on the server). Where can I get it??

If by mail my email is pbm77@hotmail.com

And thanks for making the shocki flight dynamics :)

Peter Madsen

BreakStuff's shockie-mod is good. Will make anybody look like a pro quickly! :D

The UFO is fun! Make it land upside down, zoom-in, and look at the detail on the circuit board just below what appears to be the battery/receiver pack. You may see surface-mount component detail, solder traces, electrolytic capacitors, and a board mounting screw in a corner...amazing detail.

I'm sure with everybody's observations on the update, little niggles will be dealt-with on future updates.

Zelatio pointed-out on another forum that the update is a beta... :D

The importer/exporter appears a smashing-success! :D

Last edited:
r1derbike said:
Zelatio pointed-out on another forum that the update is a beta... :D

X-Actly :D

See_e_oh - I am a heli guy, and I can't figure the thing out either. But it sure do look pretty, don't it?

Gymo - can you give some hints on how to control the UFO?

be slow moving the sticks, as it moves by altering the power to each motor they need to speed up/ slow down and this has a slight delay,
iv'e been asked many time what way round it is, in the model (when close enough) you can see a red stripe around one of the moter housings, this is the front. the real one is easier to identify as it has flashing red led's at the front but i havent found a way to include these yet :eek:

the controls are throttle and rotation on the left stick and movement forwards,back and sideways on the right, more info can be found here and here click on the support then downloads as the instruction manual is very usefull..

r1derbike: thanks for the complement on the x-ufo if you look closely at the shokie you'll notice all the crontroll horns, servos and wires are also modeled but not yet textured, i've found away i can give out updates to the models without affecting your current textures or custom set-up so i'll be realesing the finnished articles shortly..

Nigel

Last edited:
The UFO is great! Thanks again. Flight is very slow and carefull, but challenging. Great aircraft....er....spacecraft :D

Umm.......any WWI planes in the works by any chance? :p

Prop Nut: i've got a fokker dr1 park flyer in the works :) it should be very aerobatic

Nigel

wingwest328: you have mail :)

Last edited:
Peter, Katana has been sent,

I'll be putting up another plane tomorrow, a hydroplane see pic.. :)

Attachments

• ScreenShot1139787339.jpg
    ScreenShot1139787339.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 93
I dont know what the deal is but more then half the people i attempt to send a file to fails b4 they get it. Just so yall know.

Thanks. Just sent a mail back to you.

Can’t wait to try the new one. Have always wanted to try one from the first time I looked at it :eek:

Peter

From peters mail it seems that online e-mail virus checkers are mistakingly seeing part of the file as a virus, (note this is not a virus scanner on your pc but one that either the sender or recivers internet service provider use)

The attachment Katana Mini.tga with this email was found to contain the Suspected ZIP Bomb detected by BMI (message not filtered for viruses) virus and could not be disinfected. The attachment has been removed from the email. Please ask the sender to repair and resend it

this means that some of these virus checkers are seeing the G3X format as a compressed file and checking the contents..
with that theory it should be fine to send if you zip it first,

I'm going to look into this further :rolleyes:

Nigel

Edit: I can confirm that most server based virus scanners will pick this up as a Suspected ZIP Bomb, sending the files compressed still generates the same problem..

Last edited:
WingsWest328: for most of my models i start with a program called wings 3D, mainly because i'm so used to it and it works on both pc/mac, once i've built the basic model i move onto 3dsmax8 (very expensive) i use my uncles for this,
in 3ds i tidy up the model and apply the texture, naming, and pivot points. It is also needed as its the only program that the exporter will work with to create KEX files.

this is then imported into the sim and modeled again to get the flying set up.

Nigel

Kemax

Hi Nigel (and anyone else currently exporting models),

I've got the Molt Models Tyro (an electric park flyer trainer - http://www.moltmodels.com ) ready in max, and just updated G3 to .426

I assume the KEMAX exporter is not yet available? If that is the case, is there a chance that I can send you (or anyone else that is on the beta) the files (I'll upload it to my server and provide a DL link) and have you export it?

I'd like to get this out to a number of G3 flyers who fly this trainer so that we can get the flight dynamics sorted.

Attachments

• tyronew01.jpg
    tyronew01.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
While the UFO is upside-down, play with the radio controls, and you may see the different motors' prop-disks change as they speed-up/slow-down...very cool.

Back