coupleing aileron and rudder

Yes, he's definitely beating a dead horse. That's what I meant for my main point of my previous post.

Any group of people has it's know it alls, and you are ours. You have taken the sim way too seriously. I can promise that I will help people with the sim whenever I can if their question is a serious one. Someone has to to counteract your unwillingness to when you don't agree with the premise.
Your boorish, elitist attitude is part of the reason people think this forum is full of mean people. Was that politically correct who-aah? You pulled the same crap with me when I asked for some help with piro flips. Telling me to go all the way back to hover training. No help as always.

I didn't make anything personal. I certainly didn't attack anyone. I just didn't want to come across too politically correct.:rolleyes: what you don't want to hear my opinion?

The problem, nooner, is that the guy has made it clear that he wants to couple the ailerons and rudder anyway. He understands your reasoning. He said so in his second post, before you even posted your reasonong over and over and over again. This thread isn't about convincing him to think like you or me. It's about helping him to learn how to couple the ailerons to the rudder.

Yup. I've seen where new members post questions just like this, and they regret posting, never to return. I hope that doesn't happen here.

aileron/rudder mixing

As I understand it, Boof's method replaces the rudder stick with the aileron stick for rudder control.

There's another slightly more complicated way that "mixes" some rudder control into the aileron stick. That way you still have full rudder control on the rudder stick if you want to use it and you can have from 0 - 100% rudder control on the aileron stick depending on how you set it up.

Let us know if you are interested in how to do that.

Regards
Michael

I am intersted in how to do this in RealFlight 6.5. I have tried in Software Radio but haven't figured it out. Thanks

I am intersted in how to do this in RealFlight 6.5. I have tried in Software Radio but haven't figured it out. Thanks

This is almost trivial.

Think of it this way...

The OUTPUT to the rudder must get it's INPUT as a mix of LEFT STICK ( TX Rudder ) control AND RIGHT STICK ( TX AILERON ) control.

However the amount of change the AILERON input effects on the rudder is normally lessened.

With that in mind go to the software radio and ADD aileron INPUT to the rudder channel... and adjust as per the above.

theluthier, could you explain how to do proportional mixing? Thanks

What he said! :)

Here's a couple of visual aids.

First is some aileron mixed with rudder stick. Second is some rudder mixed with aileron. and the third shows you how to make the mixes switchable on/off (conditional input).

Regards
Michael

Attachments

• Aileron with Rudder.jpg
    Aileron with Rudder.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Rudder with Aileron.jpg
    Rudder with Aileron.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Conditional Mix.jpg
    Conditional Mix.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 5
Mixing

Thanks theluthier. The second example is what I was looking for, some rudder input from ailerons for coordinated turns. That worked but then there was no rudder control on channel 4 to use the rudder separely. Is that the correct result?

Thanks theluthier. The second example is what I was looking for, some rudder input from ailerons for coordinated turns. That worked but then there was no rudder control on channel 4 to use the rudder separely. Is that the correct result?

No, you should still have full rudder control on the left stick. There should be two inputs on Channel 4. Rudder (yaw) 100% and aileron (roll) 5-10%.

Regards
Michael

You must have changed the existing input rather than adding another one.

Do this:
Right click on Output Channel 4
Add a Simple Input Feed
Set the Input Channel to Input Channel 4 (Channel 4 - Yaw)

Now you have rudder control on the rudder stick.

Regards
Michael

Success! Thanks theluthier. I'm just got the sim yesterday and I'm at the bottom of the learning curve. Appreciate the help.

Back