Designing Aircraft

a couple of questions more:
-Boof69: what is the "smoothing group" you are talking about at the beginning of your new video (see two posts above).
-have a look at the attached images: anyone has an idea why after applying material on my model (same material applied at once on the whole model) wing appear black on the "default shading" window of 3dsmax and red with transparency on the rendered window? this happened also with other analogue 3dsmax models of the same airplane and same material but also with differnt materials. imported model on RF9 also has some issues on the wings.

Attachments

• stingray3500render.jpg
    stingray3500render.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Stingray3500screenshot.png
    Stingray3500screenshot.png
    209.7 KB · Views: 13
Hello!
My first plane is coming to an end, it already flies and I'm quite happy about the result but... as soon as I use the "smooth" option on the 3DS and I export the model I can't import on RF, import process simply crashes RF. any comment on this?

Hello!
My first plane is coming to an end, it already flies and I'm quite happy about the result but... as soon as I use the "smooth" option on the 3DS and I export the model I can't import on RF, import process simply crashes RF. any comment on this?

the crash has to do with bad smoothing groups on one or more objects. the way I fix it it is by going through the the objects one at a time in max and auto smoothing the entire thing.

the crash has to do with bad smoothing groups on one or more objects. the way I fix it it is by going through the the objects one at a time in max and auto smoothing the entire thing.
thank you legoman. I noticed some issues on the fuselage, will try to fix them. a question on smoothing process: do I have to apply smoot on the whole plane at once or separately on each part of it?

Back