Designing Aircraft

Hi ! I am fairly new to this site and I have figured out many things but I'm just not sure how to make airplanes. Any advice on how to make and design aircraft would be appreciated!

Here’s a thread getting started to help you with that.

you can also look up threads by Boof69. He did a video repository thread. Among those videos he has a series that walks you through a complete build almost (not sure if it goes all the way into RF with that particular one or not). If it’s not complete, he has a box flyer tutorial that does go from start to flying.

Here’s a thread getting started to help you with that.

you can also look up threads by Boof69. He did a video repository thread. Among those videos he has a series that walks you through a complete build almost (not sure if it goes all the way into RF with that particular one or not). If it’s not complete, he has a box flyer tutorial that does go from start to flying.
Thanks ! I will check it out !

Sometimes you just have to overlook the shadow lurkers. They occasionally like to come out and stir the pot, so just learn to keep a lid on it and go on.

I`m pretty sure SMH means "shaking my head" OR "scratching my head", which is 12-0`s way of saying, "Why aren`t you using the search function"...... Like he has suggested/recommended more times than I can count, not that, that`s a bad thing.

Last edited:
What’s this all about?
I know right? Just popped on here and said randomly, "SMH" and then we don't hear from him again. !??!?!

Kind of par for the course with 12oclock, he expects everyone to just use the search and not ask questions.
Bristow, Boof is building a tutorial the "Real Flight Content Creation" thread as pointed out to you, I have a feeling it will be chocked full of good info, its an ongoing work in progress so hang in there.
Also follow Boof, abaser, technoid, Donamy, legoman, they build awesome works on here, uncle twist does a lot of color schemes and there are several others, those just come to the top of my head, these guys know what they are doing for sure. You could probably ask these guys anything.

Last edited:
SMH.... Three messages below yours was the complete answer to your question. No Searching, Nothing. So I am shaking my head. I am not here full time so I did not respond. I see that Boof69's excellent thread has been pinned to top as it should be. Boof69 has gone to great effort to answer just the beginner question.
Rc51dude... I have written THOUSANDS of posts answering questions. You have how many?

Last edited:
Kind of par for the course with 12oclock, he expects everyone to just use the search and not ask questions.
Bristow, Boof is building a tutorial the "Real Flight Content Creation" thread as pointed out to you, I have a feeling it will be chocked full of good info, its an ongoing work in progress so hang in there.
Also follow Boof, abaser, technoid, Donamy, legoman, they build awesome works on here, uncle twist does a lot of color schemes and there are several others, those just come to the top of my head, these guys know what they are doing for sure. You could probably ask these guys anything.
Thanks man ! Will do.

SMH.... Three messages below yours was the complete answer to your question. No Searching, Nothing. So I am shaking my head. I am not here full time so I did not respond. I see that Boof69's excellent thread has been pinned to top as it should be. Boof69 has gone to great effort to answer just the beginner question.
Rc51dude... I have written THOUSANDS of posts answering questions. You have how many?
What's your point? I have only one Thread I have made.

OK, so my point is you asked a question before even looking around. The answer was two questions below your thread. That thread is now a sticky at the top of the forum. That is why I was SHAKING MY HEAD.

OK, so my point is you asked a question before even looking around. The answer was two questions below your thread. That thread is now a sticky at the top of the forum. That is why I was SHAKING MY HEAD.
OH ok. Sorry I misunderstood you the first time. Like i've said before, I am new at this. Sorry

I have a couple o f questions about mapping my airplanes: I followed many videos from Boof69, very interesting material but mostly related with UVW unwrapping. My idea is to simply lay the map on the interested object by a ortographic projection disregarding the distortions thath may appear. let's think about wing, I would project an imagine on the top side and one on the lower side, I don't care for the distortion that may appear (mostly) on the leading edge because in that region I have a uniform colour and the workart is mainly in the central and flat area. the problems are:
1- the imagine I project on the top side is projected also on the bottom side and i cant get two different workart, one for the top one for the bottom.
2- if I select faces instead of bodies I can distinguish bottm and top, but i cant select different offset and rotation.
3-if I split the wing in two bodies (bottom and top) I can do almost what I want but when I merge them in a single object (this is supposed to be done to export to RF) I need to go back to a single definition for offset and rotation.
any suggestion?

nice video but not the one I was looking for. is it possible to use the UVWunwrap tool ortographich project the bodies rather than unwrapping them?

Back