direct x problem

tod7489

when i try to start realflight evolution, it says your system does not support directx 11 as required by this version. realflight will now close. it is on a lap top that has directx12 on it. the trainer version of realflight works fine. thankyou for your help

Trainer still uses DirectX 9, so that's not necessarily a good sign. Usually people with newer systems have trouble with Trainer but upgrading to Evo solves the problem.

Can you tell us more about the system? Processor and video card specs would help.

It's possible to get a DirectX 9 version of Evo, but new development has stopped on that version. To take full advantage of what Evo can and will offer, you'll want to get this issue sorted out. Here's the thread about the DX9 version.

The solution may be as simple as upgrading your video card drivers if you haven't done that in a long time. Even if your hardware is capable of supporting DirectX 11 or 12, the installed video card driver has to support it too.

@tod7489, @flightengr gave a great response. It sounds to me like you're on a pretty old system. Sharing your specs will be helpful.

One thing that can be misleading is that the installed version of DirectX does not have to exactly match what your graphics card can support. You have DirectX 12 installed, but your hardware may only support up to the DirectX 9 feature set. In that case, DirectX will only do what your card can handle, and not try to use the more advanced features.

Basically, your system reporting DX12 is installed does not necessarily mean your system actually supports DX12. (Like I said: misleading.)

Back