DirectX 9

44robo

I just purchased RF Evolution after having determined that my computer satisfied all the requirements, but after instillation I was notified that I wasn't supportive of DirectX 11 and I needed DriectX 9. What the? I have no idea what that is or even how to approach the problem. As a rookie and after spending 2 days on this, I am finding the software and controller issues to be quite a challenge.
Thanks if anyone has any suggestions.

I just purchased RF Evolution after having determined that my computer satisfied all the requirements, but after instillation I was notified that I wasn't supportive of DirectX 11 and I needed DriectX 9. What the? I have no idea what that is or even how to approach the problem. As a rookie and after spending 2 days on this, I am finding the software and controller issues to be quite a challenge.
Thanks if anyone has any suggestions.
I finally figured it out.

I finally figured it out.
Hi I have the same issue you experienced - how did you solve it please? Like you I have spent ages trying to establish Realflight Evolution on my Windows 10 system without success! I cant find out how to establish DirectX 9!!!
Hope you can assist

Hi I have the same issue you experienced - how did you solve it please? Like you I have spent ages trying to establish Realflight Evolution on my Windows 10 system without success! I cant find out how to establish DirectX 9!!!
Hope you can assist
This has been resolved since last November. See this original announcement from back then. Per other posts in that thread, there have been some updates since, but the "how to get" is the same...

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?threads/realflight-evolution-now-runs-on-directx-11.59074/

@Graham Dixon, I'm curious about your hardware specifications. Can you please do the following?
  1. Right-click your Windows Start button.
  2. Select Run.
  3. Enter "dxdiag" and click OK.
  4. In the DirectX Diagnostics Tool that appears, click Save All Information...
  5. Chose a location on your computer that you can easily locate and save DxDiag.txt there. (Your Windows Desktop would be fine.)
  6. Click Exit.
  7. Reply to this forums thread and add that DxDiag.txt file as an attachment so we can get more information about your system.
We put a lot of work into updating RealFlight Evolution to use DirectX version 11 instead of the older DirectX 9. This solved some compatibility problems for a whole lot of users. Evolution should run on just about any computer at this point, but some very old ones do not actually support DirectX 11. For those, we still make the last DirectX 9-based version available. If that turns out to be necessary for you, I can provide instructions on how to obtain it. But the fact that you're running Windows 10 makes me wonder if something else is going on.

Ryan, I have the same problem not being directx11 compatible. Older machine. Do I have to install directx9 or an older version of evolution? How do I do that? fob

@fobjob, if you have an older system and RealFlight Evolution has told you that it does not support DirectX 11, you can follow the instructions in this thread to obtain the final DX9 version of Evolution that we've set aside for users in your situation to ensure you can continue running your software. You should not need to take any special steps as far as DirectX itself.

If you ever upgrade to a newer system, be sure to try the latest version of Evolution again! (Selecting "none" in the list of betas will achieve that.)

Back