Do they still release new planes?

Sherlock

I just got 9 and I'm a bit disappointed with all the Eflite models that they don't have the A-10 Thunderbolt II 64mm. Any chance of that coming out, or do people make their own planes? Stupid question I know, but I've been out of realflight for years. I want that plane in particular since I managed to fine one in stock and bought it- would be nice to try it before I take it to the field.

Your best bet is to look to the swap pages for what you want. Chances are it's already been created by someone. Knife Edge seldom releases aircraft except for when version updates happen anymore.

I'm one of the designer's and most of the time the planes uploaded to the swap pages are modeled to a 3-View of the plane and the physics (what fly's the plane) is a close approximation of the weight of the parts. That usually provides a close flying experience but it won't provide exact flight characteristics so keep that in mind when flying most of the aircraft from the swap pages.

Last edited:
I'm super super new to this hobby. I have the same question as Sherlock except, I Love the P38 Lightning ! also how do you add the planes files to your system after you have it.

And to Sherlocks original question, yes they do release new planes. Sometimes a few as part of a free maintenance upgrade, and more when a new version (that you have to buy) comes out. They used to do a lot of separate add-ons and expansion packs, but that has not happened for many years now. The swap pages are the best bet to look for something different, although the quality level varies quite a bit. The ones referenced above are from some of the very best designers.
Even models from very, very old versions can be imported into your install. But, the physics engine has been upgraded a lot, so some may look good but not fly right until hand edited to correct - which can be a learning curve in itself. But it costs nothing to give one a try.

If you like the P-38 you will love the one technoid did. You can download it here:

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/p-38l-lightning_ea.24210/

Import in the sim using Simulation - Import - Realflight Archive (RFX, G3X)...
If you like the P-38 you will love the one technoid did. You can download it here:

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/p-38l-lightning_ea.24210/

Import in the sim using Simulation - Import - Realflight Archive (RFX, G3X)...
Thannkyou Sir!

Back