Douglas A-1 Skyraider

Select up to three see first post for details

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why not added a spinner option. It was on one plane to test it characteristcs.

Attachments

• Skyraider with spinner.png
    Skyraider with spinner.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Skyraider with spinner 2.png
    Skyraider with spinner 2.png
    371.5 KB · Views: 13
I like it, will that be under the "engine show" option..??? or permanent. ??, I still like the non spinner , just as much, I think that`s what most everyone relates to, when they think of an A-1. ;)

I like it, will that be under the "engine show" option..??? or permanent. ??, I still like the non spinner , just as much, I think that`s what most everyone relates to, when they think of an A-1. ;)

It would be and option not permanent

Update shots. finished the wing tips and started the pylons

Attachments

• A-1H Build pic 09.png
    A-1H Build pic 09.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 8
  • A-1H Build pic 10.png
    A-1H Build pic 10.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 11
Legoman, I like the fact that your screen shots are visible as thumbnails instead of text links to the photos.

Can you teach the rest of us how to do it?

.png files not .jpg files ;)

I uploaded a few images in the PNG format so they would be visible in the forum post but since I upload images at 1280x720 the file size was much larger compared to the JPG format, so I stuck with JPG. The problem is PNG uses a lossless compression so if you use a large image size the file size is much larger for PNGs than JPGs. There's a place for both formats.

I uploaded a few images in the PNG format so they would be visible in the forum post but since I upload images at 1280x720 the file size was much larger compared to the JPG format, so I stuck with JPG. The problem is PNG uses a lossless compression so if you use a large image size the file size is much larger for PNGs than JPGs. There's a place for both formats.

Normal screenshot I post in much smaller size so .png works for me. But full screen shots 1920x1200 I have to use .jpg so I link them in the text.

Normal screenshot I post in much smaller size so .png works for me. But full screen shots 1920x1200 I have to use .jpg so I link them in the text.

Yes I noticed that, my comments was for others thinking about using PNGs so they'd know the difference if they didn't already.

Thanks, Technoid. But I'd like to point out that unless you have a slow internet connection, the upload speed doesn't matter much, because you only do it once. The .png will display as a small(ish) thumbnail in the post to give the viewer an idea whether he wants to "waste" the bandwidth to view the full-size photo. In addition, the lightbox view when you click a thumbnail lets us see larger versions without having to open/close multiple tabs. IMHO, it's MUCH more convenient for the people who view your posts - especially when you post multiple versions of similar things for comparison.

Last edited:
Thanks, Technoid. But I'd like to point out that unless you have a slow internet connection, the upload speed doesn't matter much, because you only do it once. The .png will display as a small(ish) thumbnail in the post to give the viewer an idea whether he wants to "waste" the bandwidth to view the full-size photo. In addition, the lightbox view when you click a thumbnail lets us see larger versions without having to open/close multiple tabs. IMHO, it's MUCH more convenient for the people who view your posts - especially when you post multiple versions of similar things for comparison.

The last time I tried to post PNGs some of them were larger than the allowed size limit so I couldn't upload them plus I upload lots of images so I'm trying to be kind to the KE server as well. So I'll use JPGs. Sorry legoman for the off-topic post.

Flaps and rudder cut

Attachments

• A-1H Build pic 11.png
    A-1H Build pic 11.png
    28 KB · Views: 7
  • A-1H Build pic 12.png
    A-1H Build pic 12.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 9
some of the work i have done over the last few days. Not pictured cut ailerons

Attachments

• A-1H Build pic 13.png
    A-1H Build pic 13.png