Eberhart SE-5E Sport

I know it's a small detail but the engine needed the flanges where the exhaust pipe fastens to the head so I added them. Then after I went around and deleted the hidden polys for the engine parts I ended up with just 32 more triangles than I had without the flanges. Here's a render for you.

Attachments

• Royal Aircraft Factory SE6a 08.jpg
    Royal Aircraft Factory SE6a 08.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 9
I added the Vickers gun today I still have a bit of clean up to do but here's a render.

Attachments

• Royal Aircraft Factory SE6a 10.jpg
    Royal Aircraft Factory SE6a 10.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 14
With the two guns I'm thinking the three way switch could be the selector. The back position could still be for the brakes and the middle and front the gun selector. The smoke/retract switch would be for firing. Of course the knob will be for smoke like I had before. What do you think ?

With the two guns I'm thinking the three way switch could be the selector. The back position could still be for the brakes and the middle and front the gun selector. The smoke/retract switch would be for firing. Of course the knob will be for smoke like I had before. What do you think ?

Hum.. I don't like using the CH 7 switch since I'm a klutz and it messes up my flying, so to me if you want to select which gun to fire it would be CH 8 Center OFF, Forward One Gun, or Backward the Other Gun. Then the knob for brakes and the CH 7 switch for Smoke. I like flying with smoke so I'd rather put the brakes on the knob. But that's just me!

Put the brakes on the down side of the elevator... that is what all the jets do. After you land...push forward for the brakes. I don't know how well it will work for this style of plane... maybe pull for more braking?

Put the brakes on the down side of the elevator... that is what all the jets do. After you land...push forward for the brakes. I don't know how well it will work for this style of plane... maybe pull for more braking?
On a tail dragger, brakes are best applied with "up" elevator, to help prevent a nose over, Tricycle, the opposite.

Yes I normally put the brakes on the elevator, up for tail draggers and down for nose gear. But for some reason I can't remember I put the brakes on a switch for Jenny. I'll finalize the controls after I finish mapping and do a color scheme, so there's plenty of time.

I did some more work on the SE5A today. Now I need to add the muffler brackets and wires and it should be ready for mapping.

1. Cut holes in the front of the fuselage for the engine shaft and intake.
2. Added rear site bar for the Vickers gun.
3. Cut holes for the engine bays.
4. Added Gas Cap.
5. Added fuel level indicator. ( I think that's what it is )

Attachments

• Royal Aircraft Factory SE6a 11.jpg
    Royal Aircraft Factory SE6a 11.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 8
Looks complete now although I bet you find something you want to change or add while mapping. :rolleyes:

With RF-8 coming out you can go back and re-do some of your creations now since you will have more to work with... Hehehe (Just kidding).

My copy is already on order although I can't afford any VR stuff right now. It will be nice to use my OrangeRX wireless USB controller and DX9 when I want. I find myself using the Interlink Elite most of the time though.

Looks complete now although I bet you find something you want to change or add while mapping. :rolleyes:

With RF-8 coming out you can go back and re-do some of your creations now since you will have more to work with... Hehehe (Just kidding).

My copy is already on order although I can't afford any VR stuff right now. It will be nice to use my OrangeRX wireless USB controller and DX9 when I want. I find myself using the Interlink Elite most of the time though.

It's not quite complete yet I started working on the wires this morning. I have the wing and hstab wires mostly finished so it's starting to look like a Bi-Plane. I'm not sure yet at what detail level I'll do the wires since this is a Sport Scale model. I may leave off the set of wires that are there to support the beginning of the dihedral since this version doesn't have dihedral. But there's plenty of wires to look good. Check my next post for some information on RF-8.

I think releasing RF-8 was a good move for RealFlight, most people didn't like the hardware requirements for RF-X and I'm sure the sales reflected that so releasing an updated version of RF-7.5 with what's hot right now gives them a nice upgrade path. It's missing a few items I wanted to see in RF-8 (read dx10, better shadows, and improved textures for 3d fields) but none-the-less it has a lot going for it for my needs, better 3ds Max support and a huge increase in triangle count. So RF-8 is a must have for me and I'll start modeling for it now and will be moving the SE5A to the RealFlight 8 - Designer's Corner. So from now on look there for all updates. I'll be creating a new build thread there and will release the SE5A on the RealFlight 8 swap pages which I'm sure they'll create when the product ships.

NOTE: I'll be happy to upload an older version to the forum so you guys not moving to RF-8 can still get the SE5A but I'll release it on the RF-8 swap pages. SO.. if you want the SE5A let me know what version and I'll upload it to the forum on release day.

i am staying with RF 7.5 for the time being, so I hope you will still put your aircraft on the swaps for 7.5 thanks Ron

Back