Eberhart SE-5E Sport

i am staying with RF 7.5 for the time being, so I hope you will still put your aircraft on the swaps for 7.5 thanks Ron

Ron. I'm sorry the plane will be released on the RealFlight 8 swap pages, but I WILL upload probably a RF 6.5 version on the forum (which works the same in RF 6.5 and 7.5) so you'll still be able to get the plane, just not from the swap pages. I'm trying to support KnifeEdge on their decision to release RF-8 which I'm sure was hard for them but they did it (I think) because most people didn't have a powerful enough system for RF-X. So I'm trying to help them get RF-8 going.

Ron. I'm sorry the plane will be released on the RealFlight 8 swap pages, but I WILL upload probably a RF 6.5 version on the forum (which works the same in RF 6.5 and 7.5) so you'll still be able to get the plane, just not from the swap pages. I'm trying to support KnifeEdge on their decision to release RF-8 which I'm sure was hard for them but they did it (I think) because most people didn't have a powerful enough system for RF-X. So I'm trying to help them get RF-8 going.

Technoid, If I may offer a suggestion, just put it on the 6.5 swaps for us 6.5 / 7.5 users, putting it in the forums will in all likelihood "hide it" from a bunch of potential people that would like to have it. My point being :not everybody reads the forums, or worse, don`t even know of them. :eek:

Technoid, If I may offer a suggestion, just put it on the 6.5 swaps for us 6.5 / 7.5 users, putting it in the forums will in all likelihood "hide it" from a bunch of potential people that would like to have it. My point being :not everybody reads the forums, or worse, don`t even know of them. :eek:

i agree uncle twist released in both 6.5 and RF 8 covers more people

Thanks guys I really appreciate your thoughts on this, but at some point we need to break away from the old and move to the new.. even if it is a minor (except for vr) upgrade. But for developers it's a very nice upgrade with 135k triangles instead of 27k in RF 7.5 and only 20k in RF 6.5. So to support KnifeEdge in their move to RF-8 I'll be releasing my planes on the RealFlight 8 Swap Pages. All of my new planes may end up being beyond the 27k limit so they'll only work with RF-8 anyway. I've wanted to create some 3d gauges on the dash for quite a while so now's my chance to try that. I've also wanted to create a twin engine plane based on the rotary I modeled which would be beyond the 27k limit because each engine is 13k, so 26k just for the engines. So I need to move to RF-8 to go a bit further with what I do. So if you can move to RF-8 to support KnifeEdge in what they did. I'd say it's very cool for a company to listen to their customers and Go Backwards and release a new product because that's what people wanted. So if it's possible grab RF-8.

Back