Evolution -No menu, plane sits on runway

RAS@home

Please forgive if I'm duplicating here. My meager search ability didn't produce an answer for me. I've loaded Real Flight Evolution onto my brand new PC (plenty of memory, etc.) The controller lights eluminate, but the plane just sits on the runway. Can someone point me to the proper thread that speaks to this problem?

The brand new PC might be the problem. There's a known issue with RealFlight and Intel 12th Generation CPU's when you don't also have a separate graphics card like a "gaming" computer.

This post explains how to go into Windows and find out if this affects you.

The fact that you don't see a menu bar (or you see it for a moment and then it goes away) is normal for Evolution. They made a new set of menus that you access by pressing the ESC key. This post is one of many that explains how to get the older or "legacy" menu bar to stay visible at the top of the screen.

Well, I just bought a brand new PC to run RF Evolution, it's an "all-in-one" PC under Windows 11 and it surely has no separate GPU (it has Intel IRISxe DirectX12). I used to run RF Evolution on my portable PC before and just wanted a larger screen but no gaming PC with tower and this stuff. After reading some of the posts about this subject, I'm pretty angry that nothing has been done to correct the problem since almost one year. I just spent 1800 dollars for nothing as I'm working on Mac... I'm located in Switzerland.

Last edited:
Something has been done. There are many, many posts on this subject. A version of RealFlight based on DirectX11 is in the works, and you can try it right now.

Back