F-16 C Build Thread

I am a detail addict. It's just how I'm wired. I've always wanted to do modeled panel lines and with the higher poly limit I can give it a shot. You're going to be real confused when I start the cockpit.
Very nice Boof. This is the kind of stuff I want to see and in a small way I've done something like that. In my RAF SE5a I modeled all the gauges and the pipes in the cockpit that really made them stand out. Nothing like the stuff you do but it was highly detail for my modeling skills. So I'm really looking forward to what you do in the cockpit.

I'm planning on using fusion 360 to model all that stuff. It is an easy package to use for things you find in a cockpit. I look that model up. I spent so long on gauges for my corsair. Hope this will be faster.

Today wasn't the most fruitful but I cut the last of the panel lines for the top of the fuselage. As well as the top and bottom of the wings. The vertical has some panels but the horizontals have just one. The bottom of the fuse is quite busy with them so I hope to have those done tomorrow. Canopy has been liberated. The ball is rolling again for sure.

Attachments

• 3_25_20_01.png
    3_25_20_01.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • 3_25_20_02.png
    3_25_20_02.png
    818.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 3_25_20_03.png
    3_25_20_03.png
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 3_25_20_Render_01.png
    3_25_20_Render_01.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • 3_25_20_Render_02.png
    3_25_20_Render_02.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
No kidding I can't jump that high :)

Super cool looking I can't wait for the released plane so I can inspect it close in the editor. I can't crash it.

Dang Boof, I`ve spent the last 20 mins. looking at those renders, just like I`ve done with Andy`s Pitts. They`re stunning...!!!!. I hope they encourage others to try there hand at modeling,

So this may not look like a lot of progress but I cut in the cockpit well and Cut the front gear door, I added the gear wells (roughly shaped) and I connected the intake to the rear nozzle and shaped that to an almost finished duct. I spent a couple hours going from nose to tail refining the geometry with a focus on smoothness rather than lower poly count. The intake tip was the most challenging area to get as smooth as I would like. I also got a start on the pilot seat. This project may rival the effort I put into my corsair.

Attachments

• EjectorSeat.png
    EjectorSeat.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • RefinementPassDeflections.png
    RefinementPassDeflections.png
    1 MB · Views: 33
Looks/sounds like a lot of progress to me.. (y) If that`s just a start on the pilot seat, I can`t wait to see what the finished one looks like, it looks fantastic. Ha Ha, you say "may" rival the Corsair....As fantastic as that plane is, dealing with what you had to deal with, I`m pretty sure the F-16 will "rival" it,..hands down....IMHO...:):):)

Back