FBX Importer failed to initialize. Corrupt file

Lucas4573

I exported my 3DMAX file to FBX format and encountered this situation when importing it into RealFlight 8. Could you please help identify where the issue might be?

What error message did you get?
The most common mistakes are not assigning the TGA to the model in 3Dsmax before exporting the FBX, and not having the TGA in the same folder as the FBX file when importing into RF.

My issue has been resolved; I found it was a problem with the file path. However, now a new problem has emerged, as shown in the image.1701699188952.png

@Lucas4573, what version of 3ds Max are you using? This could be something else, but I suspect you've encountered an issue described here.
I found the issue. It's because my TGA file is corrupted, and the dimensions are incorrect.Now, I have one last issue to resolve. The motion axis of the aircraft control surfaces is problematic because the aircraft I drew has a positive dihedral angle. I'm a bit unsure about how to place the motion axis coordinates.

I found the issue. It's because my TGA file is corrupted, and the dimensions are incorrect.Now, I have one last issue to resolve. The motion axis of the aircraft control surfaces is problematic because the aircraft I drew has a positive dihedral angle. I'm a bit unsure about how to place the motion axis coordinates.

RF rotates control surfaces along the X-axis. so rotate the pivot so the x axis is the same as the axis of rotation of the surface and generally towards the right side of the plane. for vertical tails think of them as wings with 90 degrees of dihedral (-90 for ventral vertical surfaces). see the pictures for references. pictures are in blender so it might look slightly different.
2023-08-10 12_44_48-Blender_ [D__Robert_Documents_Wings 3d_P-51 A_p-51A v5.blend].jpg2023-08-10 12_44_20-Blender_ [D__Robert_Documents_Wings 3d_P-51 A_p-51A v5.blend].jpg2023-08-10 12_43_25-Blender_ [D__Robert_Documents_Wings 3d_P-51 A_p-51A v5.blend].jpg2023-08-10 12_41_49-Blender_ [D__Robert_Documents_Wings 3d_P-51 A_p-51A v5.blend].jpg

RF rotates control surfaces along the X-axis. so rotate the pivot so the x axis is the same as the axis of rotation of the surface and generally towards the right side of the plane. for vertical tails think of them as wings with 90 degrees of dihedral (-90 for ventral vertical surfaces). see the pictures for references. pictures are in blender so it might look slightly different.
View attachment 137015View attachment 137016View attachment 137017View attachment 137018
Thank you. The direction of my motion axis is correct now, but due to my limited proficiency in 3DMAX, there are still some gaps when controlling the rudder after importing. I will work hard to address this issue. I'm just a small step away from success, and I'm feeling happy.

Back