Flettner 282 Kolibri Build

checked it and the min pitch is set to -1 degree not +1.
My real life RC helicopter would autorotate when I set the throttle all the way down, and it was set somewhere between -1° and -3°.

I'm not sure how well RealFlight simulates autorotation, but it sure seems like you were briefly autorotating there.

My real life RC helicopter would autorotate when I set the throttle all the way down, and it was set somewhere between -1° and -3°.

I'm not sure how well RealFlight simulates autorotation, but it sure seems like you were briefly autorotating there.

real flight does have a gyrocopter in expansion pack 5, 6, or 7 not sure off the top of my head. the flettner has a sink rate of a rock and i smash the landing gear a lot when i screw up the autorotation.

I found a better setting it likes about -0.5 to 0.0. I had way too much negative pitch and it was driving the flettner into the ground

Wow i think the rotors were near supersonic that whole flight. :eek:

1600 rpm is about 750 MPH assuming it is still third scale
Yes I know, but the vehicle airspeed does not exceed 55 mph in a shallow dive, 40 mph straight and level (just like your model) and the rotors "appear" to rotating slow without the Diskmount Blur.

Okay, I just found a major defect with my physics model, I had attached the moveable pod (for the heli mechanics) and the heli mechanics, to the fuselage, instead I should have attached the moveable pod to the fuselage, THEN attached the heli mechanics to the moveable pod, SO it's back to the drawing board and start again, maybe this time I can get the flight physics I want using a much lower rotor rpm.
I was going to use the excuse of having a senior citizen moment, but that does not apply in my case (I am only 75yrs young), so quite a way to go yet before I get old. :) 😊 ;)

wow. those pictures definitely confirm that the back seat is inside the fuselage, but they kinda contradict each other about whether the supposed cooling fan blows into that area. hmmm! 🤔

edit:
even if that propeller is a cooling fan and it blows into that back seat area, it wouldn't be blowing cool air would it. once the engine heats up, it would be blowing quite warm air.

wow. those pictures definitely confirm that the back seat is inside the fuselage, but they kinda contradict each other about whether the supposed cooling fan blows into that area. hmmm! 🤔

edit:
even if that propeller is a cooling fan and it blows into that back seat area, it wouldn't be blowing cool air would it. once the engine heats up, it would be blowing quite warm air.
No there is a firewall between the engine and the tail. The earliest models did not have a rear seat and an opening in the upper tail. Most of the air exits the engine compartment through the sides and bottom.

The first picture is missing a few pieces besides the firewall, the duct around the fan and the baffle around the engine

The front seat is likely the cold seat more wind and on the cold side of the fan and engine

I have set up some streaming software. the quality is a step up from a potato due to internet.

Are people interested? If so what time?

Back