Flying Dragon R-3D

think the depth is about right. I think placement would be better. You typically see wrinkles at corners and usually at a 45 degree bias. Reference the GP Escapade if you have that EP. KE did a very nice job with film wrinkles on that plane.

Is this more like what you are talking about? depth still needs adjusting.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1352400077.jpg
    ScreenShot1352400077.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 23
I LOVE YOUR PLANE!!:)
earthhug.gif
:)

Ive run into something I havent dealt with before. In setting up my pods for the aileron control rods, I realized that apparently my horns arent symmetrical, even though I am positive the left is a mirror copy of the right. On the right side, I had to add a slight left/right rotation to keep things in line, but the left doesn't follow suit.

Next thought, add separate pods for each rod. No go there. I assume it's because a symmetrical wing was used?

Looks like its back to max to do some adjusting.

Don't forget to look at your servo arms, too. When I started doing servos, I couldn't get one side to rotate properly either. I looked at the pivot location and orientation several times in Max, sure that they were not mirrored. I couldn't find any discrepencies. The problem turned out to be the reverse switches in the RF editor. All of the Yeses and Nos have to be just right for the active axes. I still refer to my Skywalker from time to time.

Directional rotation is correct. Its almost like the right side needs left/right rotation to stay in contact with the aileron horn, but the left side doesn't.

If your pivot and orientation are the same (but opposites) on both sides, then your problem lies in the RF editor.

After creating the decking under the canopy, I assigned the ~SBS material so it would be seen from below. However, I'm getting a disappearing face when moving the model around like having two transparent materials. From below, the opposite faces disappear. That leads me to believe that I've somehow switched a normal of the one face, but why do they disappear? There is no transparency set on my decking. Is this a product of using the alpha channel on the classic .tga?

Is this a product of using the alpha channel on the classic .tga?
I know there are limitations when viewing something through a transparent material.

Look at the Electrify Riot 3D from EP3. When you view the forward part of the fuselage through the canopy, it loses the miokote appearance, and all you see is balsa.

I remember that, but wasnt that transparent on transparent? You could still see the balsa. My balsa is going away. Look at what I sent you last night.

I still think it's the same phenomenon. Funny I didn't have that problem with the Eratix. I wonder what's different?

If you remember, the IP area did do that. From behind, I think you can see the spinner through it

Back