Flying Dragon R-3D

Well that's not your model! Look at it from a front angle so the rear wall of the cockpit is visible. The deck will never disappear.

Im real curious as to why that is. If one face does it, why not the rest. I checked the normals, and they are all the same, at least backface cull works the same on all faces anyway.

Filling in the empty fuselage a bit.

Ive got about 900 polys to play with for wires, and maybe a fuel tank.

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 10
Finished wires. Im somewhere around the 19,600 poly count now. Maybe a tank, and then that should be it. Look for this one by the weekend.

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 8
  • zzz1.jpg
    zzz1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 9
New model is in RF. Here you can see the wire routing. I probably could've done a better job with more polys. However, as you can see from the second shot, I can gain some from the RX, battery, and tank as the details just dont show. Most notably, the CS is all but non existent.:(

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 10
  • ScreenShot1352828719.jpg
    ScreenShot1352828719.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 9
  • zzz1.jpg
    zzz1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 10
To anyone I may have sent this file to, after my HD crash, I am unable to find the final max file for this one. The final will have the internal electronics, along with a wooden deck under the canopy. If any of you have this model, please email me an EA.

Edit: Im unable to find ANY of the final files. The KEX, CS, _n, and _s files are all gone. Even on the previous page, I see a screenshot showing the file name at the top of the pic. Upon doing a full C drive search, I find a file under that name, but the RX is not in it. Oh well, if anyone has the final, let me know. If not, this one may go in the up for grabs thread (even though I have an AV for it) simply because Im not happy with the file I have, and Im not interested in going back to it.

Last edited:
A little light is shining on this project again. Thanks to a suggestion from Madratter, I found the last EA in an old email that I still had. Now to try and get an AV from one model to another is the next step.

I have an AV from an older EA that I want to put on a newer EA. I have no max files for the new file, or I could just import a new kex.

Is it acceptable to export a .kex by the same name as your AV? Then you could import your AV, and you're done.

Back